1. Pam
    how do you sync a new treo? i have a 270 and will be purchasing a 650 and want my old info on the new one.
    Don't sync your old stuff. Start fresh and either import your old data or put it in manually. If you are going to use the same username, rename your old backup folder. Make sure you install the new version of Palm desktop that comes with your treo.
  3. Pam
    well, i want it to sync to outlook to keep my contacts and appts, etc. i'm assuming i can change my options on my hotsync to have my desktop override my palm?
  4. Pam
    how do i rename the backup folder?
    It should be on your compute either under Palm, or Handspring files and then in a file with your hotsync name. Right click on the backup folder and choose rename.

The 650 instal disk will set you up in in new folder in Program files called "Palm One" on Sprint at least. When you run setup you can choose your sync name (purchased programs will be tied to that name) and if you renamed the old folder there should be no probles. Setup will ask if you want to sync to Palm Desktop, or Outlook and Palm Desktop and will then restore all of your data from outlook to the new Treo. If you have any 3rd party programs, you can then instal again to the 650 and beam your data over or use that programs backup utility if it has one.
    1. Right click on the icon which starts your program to look at properties, essentially whethere the program was installed to....say C:\ProgramFiles\Palm
    2. Look at that directory and inside it and fiund the directory with your user name.
    3. Copy that directory to a safe location on our HD.
    4.a Uninstall Palm Desktop and delete the Palm directory unde C:\ProgramFiles\ or whatever you found under step 1.
    4.b Install the Treo palm Desktop to C:\ProgramFiles\PalmOne (old one was "Palm" so the new stuff will be in different directory.) To can delte Plam Directory later when you sure nothing you need is in it.
    5. Sync and select outlook as your conduit when asked.
    6. Install your programs from scratch.
  7. Pam
    thank you so much! i've done it and it's working great. love this new 650 (had a 270) it is a joy to use compared to the 270. now i just have to buy a case, car charger, more programs....