1.    #1  
    There are so many versions of updater and SD card ROMs and Firmwares out there buried in the middle of so many different threads now that it is difficult to go back and find any particular one and often it is unclear after time exactly what is in a ROM or what its history is or source is.

It would be nice to have a sticky or just another single thread that would only list ROMs and Firmwares along with their descriptions, or links to same. Discussion of any of these would have to be elsewhere and the moderators could remove anything that is not actually a ROM, Firmware or description, or link.

It would be nice for descriptions to explain what the version numbers are including region if applicable, where it came from (official, leaked, from where?, etc.), what has been added or deleted, does it update tokens and any other useful information.

A contributor could list all their ROMs and Firmwares in a single post under their name and discussion elsewhere could then refer to these making it very easy to find anything. It would also be nice if the contributor dated contributions as well as any editing of contents or descriptions. A contributor would devise his own numbering or naming system to suit what he has to contribute. This should also take some of the workload off the contributor with constant questions asking if they have a ROM with or without certain apps easily being referred by anyone to the listing thread.

At any rate, just a suggestion to make life a little simpler. Whether this happens or not I really want to thank everyone in these forums who have helped so much not only with ROMs but in so many other ways also. You have all increased my enjoyment of and the usefulness of my Treo manyfold.
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Sounds like a nice idea. The trouble is that Palm generally does not approve of anyone distributing ROMs, especially not ones that have been modified from their original form. That said, I think a tool list os great, and a history of what ROMs have come out. Just can't easily make them available.
    Mike
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    Quote Originally Posted by z3bum
    Sounds like a nice idea. The trouble is that Palm generally does not approve of anyone distributing ROMs, especially not ones that have been modified from their original form. That said, I think a tool list os great, and a history of what ROMs have come out. Just can't easily make them available.
    Mike
    I have to agree.
    We almost have to keep it mixed up. Remember, Shadowmite removed all Customs.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    There are already lots of links to ROMs that have been posted here for months with no apparent complaint from Palm. We could limit it to links although having them all in one easy spot maybe just enough to make Palm react. No response from any moderators yet. Wonder what their take on it is.

I am no lawyer but I wonder if the fact that Shadowmite sells advertising on his site making it commercial played some part in Palm asking him to stop. Treocentral is also a commercial site but the ROMs are only showing up in the public forums and not on "commercial" pages. As I said, I don't know if it makes any difference ot not, wonder if anyone does know? Just seems odd that they went after Shaowmite and not the Treocentral forums when it is my impression that Treocental is probably better known and more broad ranged than Shadomite"s site. Maybe it was just because he clearly said they were welcome to ask him to shut down if they wished.