Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    anyone know if the Jabra JX10 works with the Cingular 1.17 FW?

e..b
    Yes, it does... and it works beautifully.
    I have just sent this email to Jabra regarding the JX10:

I am generally please with the JX10, with the following exceptions:
    -during incoming and outgoing calls, there is a constant mild hissing sound which is rather annoying
    - the hook that goes over the ear: the piece that fits into the actual JX10 looks a little fragile as it is thin plastic. Can you get replacement hooks? ****spoke to Jabra rep... they will send you Complimentary replacements as they are not available for purchase. Email address: techsupp@jabra.com**- there is great confusion in decifering: tap versus press, versus press for 10 seconds. I have hungup on several callers,as well as there is a delay from when the cellphone rings to when you are able to answer it on the headset. Do you have any suggestions.
    -the fit without the earhook is not secure. Can you add ear gels to the earpiece on the JX10? If so, where may I purchase them.

Since this is my first BT headset, I don't know if these problems are usual. But I am starting to master the tap, press and press and hold functions a little better. The buttons are conveniently placed. Overall, I am quite pleased!
    I too have the mild hissing. If you use one of those Jabra EarGel on the JX10, it gets rid of the mild hissing almost completely. The fit is better if you don't mine "stick deep into your ear" type fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by lhowe
    I have just sent this email to Jabra regarding the JX10:

I am generally please with the JX10, with the following exceptions:
    -during incoming and outgoing calls, there is a constant mild hissing sound which is rather annoying
    - the hook that goes over the ear: the piece that fits into the actual JX10 looks a little fragile as it is thin plastic. Can you get replacement hooks? ****spoke to Jabra rep... they will send you Complimentary replacements as they are not available for purchase. Email address: techsupp@jabra.com**- there is great confusion in decifering: tap versus press, versus press for 10 seconds. I have hungup on several callers,as well as there is a delay from when the cellphone rings to when you are able to answer it on the headset. Do you have any suggestions.
    -the fit without the earhook is not secure. Can you add ear gels to the earpiece on the JX10? If so, where may I purchase them.

Since this is my first BT headset, I don't know if these problems are usual. But I am starting to master the tap, press and press and hold functions a little better. The buttons are conveniently placed. Overall, I am quite pleased!
    So Jabra is willing to provide you with the replacement parts you are requesting? I will inquire to them about my damaged BT500. The area of hard plastic connecting to the softer plastic at the top of the unit that would hang over the ear cracked, leaving a lot of the inside of the unit exposed. Would be nice if this plastic was more durable - I agree with what you noted, the hard plastic is a little fragile - would be nice to see a more durable material over time as they make new headsets considering how much these things cost. I've had this for a little less than 5 months. It still works, but I don't want it going bad due to something like circuit exposure. If I don't hear anything back from them, or the response I get it to buy a new BT500, I may just use putty to fill in the gap and repaint. I'll update with news as it comes, if it does.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...a/th_jabra.jpg
    I haven't had the hissing problem with my jx10. It is by far the best headset I have tried with the 650 so far. Have used the moto 850 which was terribly low in volume and crackly sounding, and the palm headset which was better, the jx 10, I have to turn the volume down! I do use it with an ear gel and without the ear hook.