1.    #1  
    Does anyone else think the speakerphone of the 650 is terrible? I can hear people fine most of the time, but callers constantly tell me they can't hear me and I only have the phone about 1.5 feet in front of me on the desk talking towards the microphone. I am even running volume care, which I still haven't decided if it makes any difference. Does volumecare still work well with the Cingular 1.17 update? Thanks.
    I have a Sprint Treo 650. I have had no issues with the speaker phone. I have used it quite often recently to go hands free when I was resolving an issue with my home wireless network with Dell Technical Support. (A Call Center based in India, no less, and we still understood each other. . .)

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I've been having the same problem recently. It's very clear that the microphone is OK since it works fine when I switch away from speakerphone to normal use.

So if it is not a hardware problem (same microphone in both cases) I can only assume it is a software problem.

I use an unlocked Cingular 650 ver.A and was using official 1.17/1.51 CNG.
    I've since switched to 1.20/1.71 ENA. The problem seemed to start when I installed 1.17/1.51 CNG. It has continued with 1.20/1.71 ENA.
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141
    Does anyone else think the speakerphone of the 650 is terrible? I can hear people fine most of the time, but callers constantly tell me they can't hear me and I only have the phone about 1.5 feet in front of me on the desk talking towards the microphone. I am even running volume care, which I still haven't decided if it makes any difference. Does volumecare still work well with the Cingular 1.17 update? Thanks.
    VolumeCare works great with Cingular 1.17. In fat is fixes the call waiting problem where:

1) Call volume drops and stays low when (and after) the call waiting notification is generated.
    2) The MIC is put on perminant mute when (and after) the call waiting notification is generated.

But it should also address your problem of low MIC volume.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    VolumeCare works great with Cingular 1.17. In fat is fixes the call waiting problem where:

1) Call volume drops and stays low when (and after) the call waiting notification is generated.
    2) The MIC is put on perminant mute when (and after) the call waiting notification is generated.

But it should also address your problem of low MIC volume.

Jeff
    Jeff Please Clarify how you fixed that ANNOYING Bug with Call Waiting.. I almost tossed my phone out the window because I lost an important incoming call on call waiting.. I jumped over to him and said hello... And he could not hear me.. Happens all the time.. Call WAiting is currently a useless feature on my phone..

You say Volumecare can fix it? I am IN!!
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    Jeff Please Clarify how you fixed that ANNOYING Bug with Call Waiting.. I almost tossed my phone out the window because I lost an important incoming call on call waiting.. I jumped over to him and said hello... And he could not hear me.. Happens all the time.. Call WAiting is currently a useless feature on my phone..

You say Volumecare can fix it? I am IN!!
    Yes VolumeCare fixes that problem!

Jeff