1.    #1  
    What is the timer set at on the backlight? Does it dim after a certain number of seconds and then turn off after a minute? Is that how it is supposed to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit141
    What is the timer set at on the backlight? Does it dim after a certain number of seconds and then turn off after a minute? Is that how it is supposed to work?
    It will dim automatically, while you are on a phone call -- otherwise it will stay on until your unit powers off per the setting in System>Prefs>Power: power down choices of 30 seconds or 1, 2, and 3 minutes of inactivity. At least, this is how it is on my Sprint unit.

Unless you have a 3rd party software that will make other adjustments for you.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/29/2006 at 06:30 PM.
    My treo has started dimming the screen about halfway after a few seconds, before turning the backlight off after the time set in Power prefs. I wasn't sure at first if this is something it always did and I never noticed, or if this is something I've done to it. But I can't figure out what might have changed... no new apps that I know of, and no settings I can find.

Still, I kinda like it. I wish I knew how I'd set it up this way intentionally.
    Last edited by thornrag; 02/16/2006 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Finished last paragraph. Woops