1.    #1  
    After running 1.20 for a week, I reinstalled the 1.13 ROW firmware this afternoon.

With 1.20, the battery was drained whenever I got in the car - the Bluetooth connection stayed active all the time and massively increased power drain. With 1.13, the connection is only made when the phone makes or receives a call.

With 1.20, every time I used DUN on the Treo to connect my VAIO to GPRS, I had to enter a passcode on both the Treo and the VAIO. With 1.13, once they've been paired for the first time, subsequent connections are seamless.

With 1.20, one new file (SMS Messages 2) intermittently refused to back up with CardBackup - every now and then it would back up without a hitch, but most of the time CB couldn't back it up. No such problems with 1.13.

With 1.20, I had problems with Blazer spontaneously causing resets. Again, no such problems with 1.13.

I saw only 1 improvement with 1.20 - with 1.13, the Treo would crash a few minutes after I booted my VAIO if I didn't manually turn it off - the VAIO started a BT session on boot that it then stopped half-way through, causing the Treo to reset. 1.20 fixed this - but given everything it broke, I don't think it was worth it. Anyone who hasn't upgraded yet might want to seriously think about whether they want to bother.
    I can't get my BT carkit to work & 1.13 worked ok for me so I'm considering rolling back. What is the best method of installing 1.13? as it won't let me do it direct.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Are you able to post a link the the official 1.13 ROM?

Thanks much....

Jeff
    Run this ROM it is a Full 1.13/1.28 not "Official" but you can run the official if you want after.

http://rapidshare.de/files/11470717/rom128full.zip.html
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeProcter
    I can't get my BT carkit to work & 1.13 worked ok for me so I'm considering rolling back. What is the best method of installing 1.13? as it won't let me do it direct.
    I found an installer for an old 1.06 firmware, which was quite happy to install over the top of 1.20 - from there, the official 1.13 installer ran fine.
    I do have the original 1.13 installer if anyone needs it, but don't have anywhere to host it - if someone has somewhere to host it, let me know and I'll send you the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by spl23
    I found an installer for an old 1.06 firmware, which was quite happy to install over the top of 1.20 - from there, the official 1.13 installer ran fine.
    I do have the original 1.13 installer if anyone needs it, but don't have anywhere to host it - if someone has somewhere to host it, let me know and I'll send you the file.
    How big is it? I bet it is too big for an email attachement. We could use IM to transfer it though. I am GoTreo on AIM.

Jeff
    Hoping Palm is paying attention.....
    I too am getting ready to go back to 1.13...
    the blazer resets are really beginning to kill me....
    (wondering if just going back to the old blazer would be enough)
    With 1.20, the battery was drained whenever I got in the car - the Bluetooth connection stayed active all the time and massively increased power drain. With 1.13, the connection is only made when the phone makes or receives a call.
    This is how the "handsfree" profile is working, I think that older FW versions was pairing to the BT handsfrees using the headset profile, and maybe this is the cause of the incompatibilities with some devices.

With 1.20, every time I used DUN on the Treo to connect my VAIO to GPRS, I had to enter a passcode on both the Treo and the VAIO. With 1.13, once they've been paired for the first time, subsequent connections are seamless.
    This happen only with the M$ BT stack, use the widcomm or the bleusoleil stacks instead.
    Same here...had multiple callers tell me the bluetooth voice quality diminished greatly after the update. So I'm goin' back....Thanks Palm! This update was certainly not worth the anticipation-filled wait.
    My Treo's Stats:
    650 Unlocked/Unbranded GSM <br>1.71 Firmware w/ 1.20 ENA
    Carrier: Cingular
    Current BT Headset: Treo Wireless
    GPS: TomTom5 + BT338
    Are there any 1.13 custom ROMs (for Unlocked GSM) available online? I'm looking for one with English only and without Tutorial and Realplayer.
    Pilot Pro > 2Mb+IrDA upgrade > Clie T615C > Treo 650
    Thanks Guys. I've now rolled back to 1.13 via 1.06 and my carkit now works perfectly with my Treo. I spend so much time in the car, I couldn't live without the carkit not functioning. I have also zero out reset the treo as well for good measure.
    Unlocked GSM Treo 650, Holux GPSlim236 GPS BT receiver & Tom Tom v5.201
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    quote spl23
    "With 1.20 I'd problems with Blazer spontaneously causing resets. Again, no such problems with 1.13."

I don't think this problem is related to 1.20. Even with 1.13 I would get similar resets. I found quitting Chatter or reducing the number of online IMAP folders minimized the problem. I also have ActiveSync set to autosync every 2 hours.

I think Palm OS 5.X is overwhelmed by network calls.

Too bad Cobalt will probably never happen.
    Global Posts
    297 Global Posts
    well, not everyone....but a lot of tc'ers addressed their blazer resets in mid-2005 using Rescolocker from resco-net, publishers of Rescoviewer among others.

I locked my favorite text hacks, Shortcut5, Textplus, TreoSelecText, and Keycaps600 as well as Uninstall Manager and I haven't had resets when using Blazer in 2 days.

I have Versamail set to autosync every 3 hours, and I have 5 online folders in Chatter as well as another 9 folders autosyncing between every 30 and 300 minutes.

Just seems if Palm couldn't release multi-tasking Cobalt they could have minimized this problem with more available RAM! (like the 8mb cache Blazer seems to need)

Before trying Rescolocker,I was seriously thinking about dumping my 650 for a plain ole cellie plus PDA.

650 GSM Unlocked>1.20ENA
    Why in the *world* would you use Versamail when you have Chatter??
    Quote Originally Posted by puyi
    well, not everyone....but a lot of tc'ers addressed their blazer resets in mid-2005 using Rescolocker from resco-net, publishers of Rescoviewer among others.

I locked my favorite text hacks, Shortcut5, Textplus, TreoSelecText, and Keycaps600 as well as Uninstall Manager and I haven't had resets when using Blazer in 2 days.
    Um, how do you do those two things?
    A. Fix Blazer with Resco
    B. Locked apps

Thanks
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650