Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Windex and Duct tape
    yikes. Does it still work though?
    Wow! bad for you=(
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    It hurts to LOOK at that.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5.    #25  
    So I found a site on eBay that had replacement screens and I ordered one.

When the package arrived, I opened it up and, ... the replacement screen was cracked!

Called the vendor and got the, "it wasn't broken when we shipped it" line.

Haggled a bit, and they asked me to return it and they shipped a new one.

Made the UPS guy wait while I open it, looks okay.

Open my Treo back. Pop off, and I do mean OFF, the connector for the ribbon cable, and remove my damaged screen. Before you read any further, see attached image and figure out what is wrong....

....Okay, have you guessed it?

Cable on replacement screen is at the top, cable on original screen is in the middle.

Soooo..., put back together the Treo (ribbon cable connector won't secure properly) turn it on and get a white screen. Open it up again, reseat connector, put it together and its working, ...but I can't wait for the 700P.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Who was the vendor? Don't want anyone else buying screens that won't fit.
    Take it to a gynecologist. They will know what to do.
  8.    #28  
    First replacement screen arrived cracked.
    Second replacement screen was not for a 650.
    Third replacement screen installed and working great!
    Took out my Canon SD500 to take a picture of the successful install....
    ....and the Canon's display screen is cracked!!!

I repeat my original title

WHAAAAAAAAAA
    Dude, don't bother playing the lottery or anything....you have ****ty luck.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    First replacement screen arrived cracked.
    Second replacement screen was not for a 650.
    Third replacement screen installed and working great!
    Took out my Canon SD500 to take a picture of the successful install....
    ....and the Canon's display screen is cracked!!!

I repeat my original title

WHAAAAAAAAAA
    i pity you!
    Love is a chemical state of mind that's part of our genes and influenced by our upbringing. We are wired for romance in part because we are supposed to be loving parents who care diligently for our helpless babies.

Gadget begets gadgets
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy22
    Don't know how it happened. Just took it out of my jacket pocket this morning and it looked like this. Anyone got a lead to replacement screens?
    Got a knife in your jacket pocket, dannyboy?
    Are you using cases for any of your electronics at all? I have 2 digital cameras that are over 5 years old that have been through he!! and back and the screens were very sturdy.

I would rethink where you are putting your sensitive electronis and get cases for all of them QUICK!

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
    WTF?? There's only a few explainations for this.. You put your electronics in tight pockets (or in the rear pockets ) or you have other stuff in your pockets banging around hitting your stuff. Or you keep them in a backpack that bounces around and hits stuff.

Either way you're obviously mishandling your stuff, you might want to rethink things unless you really like breaking expensive items.
    Anyone here ever watch "Red & Green"?
    Why are ringtones always such a big issue? Don't people realize that they're obnoxious!? And why the Nintendo 'Wii'? What th-!?
    wow you have got to be more careful with you stuff man! I put just about everything in a case exspecially my treo.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    a little dab of vagisil will take care of it.
    "You can't change people, only your reaction to them"
    Quote Originally Posted by jwedge
    Take it to a gynecologist. They will know what to do.
    Dude...I couldn't see for like half an hour I was laughing so hard!
    Scraps of paper>>Back of my hand>>Kyo 6035>>Treo 600>>Treo 650>>PPC6700(Sold on Fleabay)>>Treo 650>>Treo 700p>>Treo 755p and still thinking about an iPhone
    I also ordered a replacement screen from ebay. The first one they shipped me was for Treo 600 (the same one in post # 28 by dannyboy22). Upon a phone call, the vendor did replace the screen, but I had to eat the return shipping and give him a $50 deposit until I returned my screen.

Replacing the screen was relatively easy. It took a couple of tries, but I did get it working.
  19.    #39  
    To the Monday Morning Quarterbacks, yes I should have had my Treo in a Titanium case, surrounded by bubble wrap, stored in a bunker, protected by an electric fence.
    Turns out the camera (which I do keep in a case) has a known manufacturing defect and Canon is repairing it for free.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Has anyone used on of the EBAY sites that now take your Treo and do the repair and then send it back for $10 more? The prices have come down a bit on the second hand market and I'm debating it. It looks like a screen is going for about $70 plus shipping and having the vendor do the repair and ship the treo back costs about $80-$90 plus shipping. Either way it is better than PALM and $170. I'm just debating if it is worth $10-15 to have someone else do it if it isn't that difficult.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast