1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 and a Motorola H500 Bluetooth handsfree. It was working perfectly until yesterday I have upgraded my Treo's firmware to the latest update released by PALM, version 1.20

It is caused now my Treo dose not recognize my Hands free!!! The exact thing happening is that it dose not recognized in "Device Setup -> Hands-free Setup" menu at all.

But my Treo recognize this device in "Device Setup -> Trusted Devices" but when I click on "Details" it says "Type=Unknown"!!!!

Thats exactly why it dose not show this device in the Hands free menu!

I did re-pairing as well, but still it is recognized as "unknown"!!!

I have checked Motorola's website already, there is no update released for my hands free.

As I am driving most of the day, this is really critical for me! HELLLP!
    Sorry, no help here. My HF800 performs much better with 1.20.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    You may want to try and completely wipe your BT setup on the Treo -- including things like deleting the known devices DB -- and then repair. I haven't had the problem you're experiencing on 1.20-ENA, but I also didn't rely upon Hotsync to do the right thing. In fact, it left my treo constantly restarting and I had to restore from my SD backup to set things to rights.

But if BT is the only problem you're having, then try setting it up from scratch.
    I have exactly the same problem, but with a Sony Ericsson HBH-662 headset.

taroliw, how do I do this delete/repair that you speak of?
    Open up Preferences, Bluetooth, Setup Devices, Trusted Devices. Select the device, tap Details, and then Delete Device. That will break the pairing. Then repair as usual.

In extreme cases -- I only ever had to do this once, and that was back the days of ROW-1.03 or thereabouts -- you might need to delete the BT databases on the device. But try simply repairing first.
    Same problem with my HBH-662 since upgrading to 1.20. No problems with my BT-338 GPS, but it never discovers my headset. When I initially power on the headset, it will ask for the passkey, type in 0000 and then it puts it in my trusted device list. However, when I try to use it, it goes to a message showing 'Connection in Progress' but never connects.

Note: I never did a restore after upgrading to 1.20. I installed all apps from scratch.
  7. noc
    i had same problem with mine pairing with parrot 3100. i noticed "pair automatically" had not been set after the update. i checked it and voila, my problems were gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by noc
    i had same problem with mine pairing with parrot 3100. i noticed "pair automatically" had not been set after the update. i checked it and voila, my problems were gone.
    Where does "pair automatically" appear?