1.    #1  
    Have Docs to Go, premium edition which should open pdf's. Some pdf's will open fine. however some will not. I get a message that the pdf is not a valid pdf when in fact I know that it is. I have installed, reinstalled several times to no avail. Get the message that it is not a valid pdf. I can open it on my desktop using Adobe Reader. It is not encrypted or document secure. So why is my Treo telling me that it is not valid? What can I do to correct this. Maybe there is a conflict with another program altho I do not have any 2rd party apps on my 650. Very frustrating.
    I have a freeware program called Cute PDF Writer - it won't open those versions of .PDF. I suspect that its a problem with these "other" pdf formats and not the true Adobe format.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
  3.    #3  
    But the pdfs I'm referencing are actually true pdfs. For some reason it thinks it is invalid.
    PDF capabilities of DTG leaves a lot to be desired.
    Look for and install PalmPDF. That works much better as a PDF viewer.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Have you tried logging a help call on the DTG website? I find that they are pretty good in responding.
  6.    #6  
    Yes, they sent a recommended fix which I have done and it still does not work. I sent a sample of the email to them and they could open it but my treo, bless it's heart, can not.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Hd the same problem. There is a patch for the PDF files. I would check the website of Dataviz and search the error code.
    Quote Originally Posted by punchcru
    Hd the same problem. There is a patch for the PDF files. I would check the website of Dataviz and search the error code.
    Really? I've had the same problem and contacted Dataviz--they were of very little help. Would you be so kind as to post a link?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Really? I've had the same problem and contacted Dataviz--they were of very little help. Would you be so kind as to post a link?

I had the same problem viewing efax files on my Palm T/X. This fixed. it.

http://support.dataviz.com/support.srch?docid=13723
  10.    #10  
    How would someone know or determine if a file is an efax file or not? I don't get the error messages that is described at the link posted above. It simply says the pdf is not valid.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    What have you got to lose by trying it anyway? It may fix your problem. It's not working for you like it is.
  12.    #12  
    Downloaded and installed the patch, and still doesn't work. DTG sent me a long plan to do a hard reset, uninstall DTG, install DTG and enclosed two patches to try to fix the problem. To no avail tho. Pretty much have given up. Altho, when I move the attachment to DTG on my pc desktop and sync, it opens fine. Just won't open as an email attachement, which is what I need.