1.    #1  
    I have been struggling for several weeks with the No Service issue. Thankfully perusing this forum today woke me up to the fact that all works well if I just plug in my Treo 600 and therefore this is probably the same batter problem that many have experienced.

My questions is this - I have the equipment replacement plan and also luckily my endless years of sprint plan renewals is ending next week.

Should I take my Treo in to the store and hope they just replace it with a Treo650 which I'd much rather have (for the bluetooth)? Would I be charged the $50?

Any advice on good new Sprint plans moving forward with high data usuage for the Treo?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    rock
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Just take the phone into the store and see what happens. Try to go to a nice neighborhood and dress well. I've had strange experiences with different stores in different neighborhoods. I've noticed that the above seeems to be true. They may just hand you a new phone and activate it for you and send you on your way with no charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by rock23242
    I have been struggling for several weeks with the No Service issue. Thankfully perusing this forum today woke me up to the fact that all works well if I just plug in my Treo 600 and therefore this is probably the same batter problem that many have experienced.

My questions is this - I have the equipment replacement plan and also luckily my endless years of sprint plan renewals is ending next week.

Should I take my Treo in to the store and hope they just replace it with a Treo650 which I'd much rather have (for the bluetooth)? Would I be charged the $50?

Any advice on good new Sprint plans moving forward with high data usuage for the Treo?

Thanks in advance for any comments.
    rock
    I'm in the same boat... had the 600 for over 2 years and the battery is starting to die. I also have the Equipment Replacement plan. Guess I'll head over to a Sprint store and see what happens?
  4.    #4  
    Well, I took mine in yesterday - along with my girlfriends phone (different - just a cheap phone who's internal battery also seems to be dead) and I ended up not going to a good store, but rather a store in a yucky part of Brooklyn. The line up to see a rep was horrible. Took about 40 mins and I got a rep. He said I'd have to leave both my phones and come back on Monday since they weren't open for much longer on Sunday.

Today I went all the way back there, stood in line again for like at least half an hour. The rep I got was nice again. They 'fixed' my girlfriend's phone for a $37 charge - we'll see if they did or not - we added the equipment replacement plan so if it still doesn't work they'll replace it for 'free'. My Treo600 they said they couldn't fix even though I told them what the problem was. I mentioned a couple times that my two year sprint contract is up this week and that if they end up upgrading me to a 650 for free I will probably renew my agreement.

Apparently it takes 5 bus days to order so I"m supposed to go back on Monday for my new Treo 650 phone free of charge. We'll see if the story ends well.