1.    #1  
    I've been playing with the trial version of Agendus (I previously owned Beyond Contacts), and I really want to like Agendus (nice looking, some cool features, etc.) but it's SO SLOW!

The screens take forever to paint. What gives? I'm a little leary when there's even a menu item called "Performance."

Another annoying thing is Tasks. You can't just open a Task when you're in the regular Task view. You have to do it from the split screen Calendar-Task view. If you click on a Task subject in the regular view, it only opens the Contact link above the subject line. Bizarre. Am I missing something?
    No, you're not missing something. You've pointed to one of the (multiple) reasons which coerced me into finally abandoning Agendus at v.10.4 (used it since ActionNames v.3), and moving to DateBk6. FWIW, I've got better contact history handling now (via auto-log to Daily Journal, which includes time of checkoff and original scheduled date notation, w/ability to append info on the fly); can link to/fro any of the core apps (inc. multiple contacts); etc. I use Pimlico's freebie Journaler to pull those entries, easily, into Excel for billable hours purposes. And, because I missed the contacts handling, I picked up AddressXT (exquisite app, BTW). DB6 is speedy, stable despite the current beta status, and even with the addition of AddressXT, whole deal takes up significantly less space than Agendus.

Note: I acknowledge that many folks love Agendus and are quite happy with it. Sadly, it lost its luster for **me**. DB5 wasn't enough to pull me away, but DB6 is pure e-heaven for my needs/desires.
    Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    I've been playing with the trial version of Agendus (I previously owned Beyond Contacts), and I really want to like Agendus (nice looking, some cool features, etc.) but it's SO SLOW!

The screens take forever to paint. What gives? I'm a little leary when there's even a menu item called "Performance."
    Sorry, just ignorance/didn't read the manual/didn't look.. It's to purge contacts, the Palm Calendar has this same option.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileDave
    Another annoying thing is Tasks. You can't just open a Task when you're in the regular Task view. You have to do it from the split screen Calendar-Task view. If you click on a Task subject in the regular view, it only opens the Contact link above the subject line. Bizarre. Am I missing something?
    Yes you are. Tap-and-hold on the entry. Just tapping on it lets you edit the entry.

That said, Agendus isn't that slow for me, but it is for some, not sure why.. Agendus folks say it's due to DateBk5 note entries for stuff, but I used DateBk5 for a long time before Agendus.

There's a lot of junk and a lot of features in Agendus, it takes time to use it fully.
    agpro v 9.06 is rock solid
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    i just bought agendus the other day..

It runs great, and has great features! I love the updated weather!