1.    #1  
    Admittedly, I have lots of messages in my lMAP inbox.
    I have Chatter set for only 14 days of messages. Several months ago when I set up Chatter, I set it to store new messages on the card.
    However, I have a file on my Treo 650 called Messages Database that is 11 MB in size!
    I can't find anywhere where messages are saved on the card. Viewing the card through FileZ, there's a folder for Chatter with lots of subfolders, but basically there's nothing in them.
    Is any of this normal? Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pqfnb2
    I have Chatter set for only 14 days of messages. Several months ago when I set up Chatter, I set it to store new messages on the card.
    However, I have a file on my Treo 650 called Messages Database that is 11 MB in size!
    I can't find anywhere where messages are saved on the card. Viewing the card through FileZ, there's a folder for Chatter with lots of subfolders, but basically there's nothing in them.
    If all your mail boxes are IMAP, here is a way to force all messages to SD card, but it will take a little time depending number of messages. First edit mail box to make sure the “Store New Msgs on Card” is checked in the Deliver tab. Then go to Console under Pref and enter reload and follow screen prompts. This will delete all messages and reload then from the IMAP server. POP3 messages do not normally stay on server once retrieved by clients like Outlook. In your case only 14 days will be reloaded.
    Messages_Database.pdb is your SMS threads, NOT Chatter.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Will I mus say I could not find Messages_Database.pdb on my TREO. Thank you I have learned something.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    If all your mail boxes are IMAP, here is a way to force all messages to SD card, but it will take a little time depending number of messages. First edit mail box to make sure the “Store New Msgs on Card” is checked in the Deliver tab. Then go to Console under Pref and enter reload and follow screen prompts. This will delete all messages and reload then from the IMAP server. POP3 messages do not normally stay on server once retrieved by clients like Outlook. In your case only 14 days will be reloaded.
    Thanks for the great tip. I'll do it now.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thanks! That clears that up, and it makes so much sense!
    Time to delete all those MMS messages!
    Thanks! That clears that up, and it makes so much sense!
    Time to delete all those MMS messages!
    If you want to do it in one shot, just use FileZ or Resco and delete the file. It's safe to delete, another one will be created the next time you send or receive a message. However, it will delete ALL messages, so if you have some messages you want to save, I wouldn't do that.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    any way to force chatter's sent items to be saved to the SD card as well?