1.    #1  
    Anyone have any issues with restoring custom ROMs after upgrading to 1.13a?

I made a custom 1.13a ROM with beta Voicesignal Vsuite2.0 and initially couldnt get it to work. So I decided to make one with Filez, PDANET, Powerrun, DA, Card Export, Pocket Tunes, and Soft Reset. All files where just single files except for Powerrun. Made my ROM but after a hard reset I couldn't see any of the above apps. I confirmed they are in the ace-palmos.zip.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Anyone have any issues with restoring custom ROMs after upgrading to 1.13a?

I made a custom 1.13a ROM with beta Voicesignal Vsuite2.0 and initially couldnt get it to work. So I decided to make one with Filez, PDANET, Powerrun, DA, Card Export, Pocket Tunes, and Soft Reset. All files where just single files except for Powerrun. Made my ROM but after a hard reset I couldn't see any of the above apps. I confirmed they are in the ace-palmos.zip.
    I did standard 1.13a update over my CUSTOM 1.12 ROM without any problems.

I used the T3 (JAVA) program to generate a 1.13a ROM. I compared all ROM components from 1.13a to 1.12 and found all were exactly the same components but with 3 month new modification date. I removed VersaMail, ActiveSync, Real, Quick Tour, Handango Downloads. I then added Note Pad V 2.3, Voice Memo V 1.3.1, CardExport2 2.20, Filez 6.8.3, MemoryInfo, VoiceDial v 2.0, and VoiceDial68K. I had about 1000 bytes left over. I did not have any problems installing the ROM.

I read that PocketTunes did not work in ROM. I normally do not include any software that has a lot of updates. I have not tried to install another ROM over current Custom 1.13a ROM.
    Last edited by resturg; 01/27/2006 at 10:52 PM.
    I updated with the updater from Palm and then went back and did my custom ROM pulling out nearly everything I could that was on the .pdf file at Shadowmite's site. I added DocstoGo, Treoalarm, LedOff, Snapper, PowerRun, KBLightsOff, TakePhone and BackupBuddy. I had to do another ROM without BackupBuddy. I had put the latest in ROM and each time I launched it, I would get a reset. I had an earlier version in my 1.12 ROM with no problems.