Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    When it comes to my PC, I'm a Norton Utilities junkie.
    I rely on it to keep my registry clean, drive defrag'd, and associations connected.

Is there anything that can help me clean up my 650? Sometimes it just kind of checks-out for a few seconds, I've no idea what's wrong. What can help me what a good tune-up???
    From northglide.com or .net use Clean Freak pack with OnGuard Backup and you will have something that works and is much more efficient than Norton.

OT: I was never a fan of norton because of the CPU load issues and bloat it has become, granted, I do a lot of maintenance with items such as CCleaner and TrendMicro so I dont have any issues either to complain about.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffa
    When it comes to my PC, I'm a Norton Utilities junkie.
    Well I gave up on Norton about the time when every windows utility vendor started putting "If you have Norton" sections in their troubleshooting guides and have since found better / cheaper / less intrusive / less troublesome and less resource hogging replacements.

However, it's still a good idea to follow ole Peter's advice (still haven't forgiven him for handing over reigns of his company ) and keep our devices nice and clean.

The first software on my Treos is always Northglide's NeatFreakPak which goes for $26.95 or $18.95 if ya can find the $8 discount code via a web search. It consists of Uninstall Manager and CleanUp.

Add fileZ from nosleep software for manual deletions and CrashPro to track your crashes and log the reasons and you're all set.

http://www.northglide.com/
    http://www.nosleep.net/
    http://www.79bmedia.com/

Uninstall Manager keeps track of what goes in with what program so when you uninstall "everything that went in with it goes out with it. "Garbage is eating up your RAM! Take full control over your software installations. Uninstall Manager saves valuable memory space while keeping your device clean and trouble-free."

CleanUp is a " A companion product to Uninstall Manager that lets you analyze and safely get rid of old leftovers."
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger
    I use CCleaner (free), Bug Doctor & RegClean (free from MS) I also use Windows OneCare from MS (Beta) It includes a tune-up (defrag also), anti-virus and backup feature. I like it. It's free for now. Give it a go.
    www.onecare.com
    I don't think he's gonna get any of those windows utilities to run on his 650 .
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Avant browser does all this and more everytime you exit the program. Is completely user configurable and free.
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Avant browser does all this and more everytime you exit the program. Is completely user configurable and free.
    You mean the thing that adds tabbed browsing to MS Internet Explorer ? Again, how is this going to work on a Palm 650 ????

And I don't understand how a browser will troubleshoot and help you clean out even a windows based system.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    You mean the thing that adds tabbed browsing to MS Internet Explorer ? Again, how is this going to work on a Palm 650 ????

And I don't understand how a browser will troubleshoot and help you clean out even a windows based system.
    He's saying Avant crashes the Treo every time he exits.

Mine just does it about 30% of the time going onto Online mode.. Offline it's pretty stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    He's saying Avant crashes the Treo every time he exits.
    Avant what ?

He's where I am sitting.

1. I know that "AvantGo" is a Palm Program for getting / synching web "channels".
    2. The "Avant Browser" OTOH is a windows program and I can't see how a program running on a windows desktop crashes a Treo 650.
    3. But even if it's just a name mistep thing, the thread subject is finding a utility to do basic file maintenance and cleanup on a 650. I can't fathom how a windows browser or avantgo figures into the thread subject.
    4. The program is described as free and to my knowledge, AvantGo isn't free.
    the OP is asking about Palm OS utilities...NOT DESKTOP APPLICATIONS
    I usually use Lysol to clean things up around mi casa. Sometimes Ajax.

This has nothing to do with the OP's question, but neither do most of the other solutions posted here.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This has nothing to do with the OP's question, but neither do most of the other solutions posted here.
    Well we were doing good up thru message 3 I thot....after that I got lost
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I don't think he's gonna get any of those windows utilities to run on his 650 .
    I was asleep at the wheel. Can't explain where I was coming from with that irrelevant comment.

I've deleted it hoping no one will remember that I made it.

Sorry Guys
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    try memoinfo 1.1 it does most of what you want and it is free
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    try memoinfo 1.1 it does most of what you want and it is free
    Got a link....can't find this with yahoo search
    it is in the app forum here on treocentral.com
    Treoing & Loving it
    here is the link treo.discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105771
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    here is the link treo.discussion.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=105771
    Not working

"No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster"\\A search on mmeoinfo brings up nothing but a search on meminfo brings up this:

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...hlight=meminfo

And this is what is said in the thread
    here
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  19.    #19  
    I bought the Clean Freak package. As soon as I ran it and deleted all of those unknown little bread crumbs, my system ran faster, and the screen stopped coming on at random times. That did the trick. I knew I was suffering from installing and deleting too many demo apps!
    I didn't see a 'Clean Freak' pack on the Northglide site. Did you mean 'Neat Freak'?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast