1.    #1  
    Hi,

Just picked up my Treo 650 last weekend. so far i am loving it. I have the treo 650 synched with my computer at home, and I am using Outlook, not the Palm Software, for my contacts and calendar.

I want to buy a second cradle/cable set up so that I can also synch with outlook on my work computer. What will happen if i do this? Specifically, I want to know:

1. Will all my contacts on my work computer get loaded onto my Treo 650 when I synch, and then will they get transferred to my home computer the next time I synch to my home computer? Same question regarding calendar. I would lilke to have both sets of contacts and calendar reminders on my Treo 650. However, I would like to keep my work stuff off of my home computer and my home stuff off of my work computer. However it wouldnt be the end of the world if both sets of contacts are on both computers.

2. are there any other issues I should be aware of?

I did see that there was a recent post about synching a Treo 650 to two comoputers, but this seemed to be geared towards a situation in which the Palm software was used for contacts and calendar, and not Outlook. Therefore I am submitting this similar question for synching to two computers that use Outlook for contacts/caledar.

I would really appreciate any input on this subject. So far I have found this website to be a tremendous resource for Treo owners. thanks!

Bob
    If your going to share Outlook on two computers and use the 650 to sync - there aren't any ways to keep personal data on only one device and work stuff on only one - the 650 acts as a "carrier" and you can't selectively sync.

You can hide or mask Private records so they won't show on the handheld but they'll still be carried to both desktops.

You can get creative in using categories to only view certain category information on either machine but the data will still get transported and be accessible just be unmasking the categories.

I don't know of any software that allows selective syncing of information from Outlook nor the Palm Desktop for that matter.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.
    I'm having related issues.

I'm syncing my 650 to my office computer and my home computer...both using Outlook. My problem is I'm getting duplicate entries in the Calendar.
    I didn't mention it before but I do the same thing but I use Pocket Mirror Pro XT for the 650 and it does a much better job of avoiding duplicates when syncing to two Outlook based devices.
    Moose Man
    Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
    iPhone 3G, Treo 750, 680, 650, 600 and T5, T3, T, M515, M505, Vx, V, Prizm, Visor, IIIc, IIIe, Palm Pilot Professional, Palm Pilot (ok boys and girls a whopping 128k of memory - those were the days) and former Palm Beta tester.