Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Just wondering if anyone encountered errors, etc, blah blah blah on this new update.

THanks!
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Well - for me it has caused a HUGE number of crashes. Went from one per week to 4 per day (and some are hard resets where it wipes out the settings). Not happy...
    I haven't had crashes, but I have noticed more battery drain.
    Yes, my crash's have went down, just like the battery, the juice runs out quicker......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I just installed it about an hour ago and everything seems fine at the moment. We'll see about the crashing and battery drain. I did gain about 1MB of additional memory, so that's good.
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    Any problems using the 1.13a update?
    is a pig pork?
    None with the update.

Wasn't having crashes before, not having any after.

No increased battery drain.

Previous issue with Handmark Express (could not load all channels, 10 stories, full stories) fixed.

Sorry to be a stick in the mud.

Cheers, Perry.
    I have to go along with Perry's comments. No resets, battery drain or other unexpected odd issues. Frankly, I think my battery life has gotten a wee bit better. I didnt notice any increase in available RAM, but since I use Powerrun (and now Zlink) thats ok. I am still on my original hardware A Sprint Treo, that I purchased after the Washington DC Treo roadshow in Nov. of 2004 (phone in hand late Jan. of 2005).
    Last edited by cgordonn; 01/27/2006 at 08:13 PM.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
    I don't use goodlink so that part I can't confirm. Battery life, I will have to keep an eye on it but so far I didn't notice any change. I did notice that with the new PRL10029 my signal is not as strong. Crashes...I think it got worse. So far my phone crashed 2x today. One of them my phone reset while it was sitting on my desk. ##377# says caused by "Applications" MemoryMgr.c Line3771, Free Handle. Whatever that means. I'll be crossing my finger and hope it's just a temp glitch otherwise I think I'll be going back to 1.12.
    I have a problem with this new 1.13a update. This afternoon i found out that when you make a SMS text and then make a quick call the phone itself goes on freeze mode " Dialing" . I did a hard reset and the problem still persist.
    is there anyway that i can go back to 1.12. If so can you guys send me a link.
    latest pel is xxxx30 call sprint to update.

no crashes here...more stable. good update!
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    On bad month I would have single reset on my old Custom 1.12 ROM, and since installing a Custom 1.13a ROM I have not had a reset but itís only been up for two days. It is possible I do not push by TREO as much as others in the forum. I thought that battery did drain faster than 1.12 will be watching it. After using Movie with TCPMP I started ChatterMail and saw an out of memory flash for a second then Chatter logon with any error. That my observations for last two days.
    Well - I removed both TreoGuard and LEDOff and that seems to have helped with the crashes (as in none in 8 hrs...). I wonder if the changes in memory handling caused some issues with certian apps.
    I followed the Palm instructions. I had to reinstall Diet and Exercise Assistant. The icon for it and Foods disappeared. The program must have still been there because I checked the memory before reinstall and it was the same afterward. I lost the computers I had setup in Mobile TS. Other than that, I havn't experienced any problems. The only obvious difference is the new splash screen. The 650 was pretty stable prior so I don't know if it has improved.
    Last edited by scsanden; 01/28/2006 at 04:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    so now that it has been over a month or two since the initial post and deployment of the 1.13 update, i wanted to revisit and see if this update is a yay or nay. i know the importance of keeping the firmware up to date, but should I just wait for the next update and save all the encumbrances, or is it really worth zapping it?
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    so now that it has been over a month or two since the initial post and deployment of the 1.13 update, i wanted to revisit and see if this update is a yay or nay. i know the importance of keeping the firmware up to date, but should I just wait for the next update and save all the encumbrances, or is it really worth zapping it?
    It really depends. I really can't say that I noticed any dramatic improvement, however, I did use the opportunity to create a custom rom (minimal) and add in the fat32.prc. If you don't plan on doing that then I'd say skip it as there's really nothing different and probably not worth the risk.

If your treo is already buggy/unstable, then yeah, give it a shot.
    No problems here for the last month or so. Can't say I noticed any greater battery drain. Being a GoodLink user, the improved cache manager has been a huge benefit. Don't even run dbCacheTool anymore - it used to be mandatory to avoid a soft reset every day. All in all, a great update for me.