1.    #1  
    I am new to palm devices. I recently (a week ago) got a Treo 650.
    I am in sales and want to have a link to the contact (and their info) in a task or note like what you do in outlook.

Also I am a long time user of Microsoft Streets and Trips and need to find a mapping program that is for both my computer and handheld due to Streets not working with Palm. It needs to be able to have "pushpins" (or similiar markers) that are importable for my customers locations.

Any ideas?
    Thank you for any help!
    Christian
  2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFaasenC
    I am new to palm devices. I recently (a week ago) got a Treo 650.
    I am in sales and want to have a link to the contact (and their info) in a task or note like what you do in outlook.

Also I am a long time user of Microsoft Streets and Trips and need to find a mapping program that is for both my computer and handheld due to Streets not working with Palm. It needs to be able to have "pushpins" (or similiar markers) that are importable for my customers locations.

Any ideas?
    Thank you for any help!
    Christian
    Link a contact? One way is to enter your info into your calendar, then hit menu+L this will bring up your contacts, then select which contact you would like. Or get DateBk. I think the address is http://www.pimlicosoftware.com.

As far as Streets type deal maybe Mapopolis? I am not too sure. I use TomTom which has contact lookup, so no need for me for push pin. I use Google earth for my desktop mapping.

Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.
    I did the menu+L thing and that is closer to what i want but to take it a step further would want it to be a TRUE Link so I could tap it and it would dial or take me to the contact for more options, like different phone #'s or messaging.
    If there are any apps that are reasonably prices that is ok too.
    Thanks
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VanFaasenC
    Thank you.
    I did the menu+L thing and that is closer to what i want but to take it a step further would want it to be a TRUE Link so I could tap it and it would dial or take me to the contact for more options, like different phone #'s or messaging.
    If there are any apps that are reasonably prices that is ok too.
    Thanks
    Well there is FieldsPlus, but that won't get you the different phone #'s. I find down right stupid that you can only choose the main number for a contact through the standard calendar app. But this is why there is thrid party apps. I think the program I mentioned (DateBk) will fix your ills. Give it a try and see if it fits what you want. There is also Agendus Pro.
  5.    #5  
    I found Keysuites that does it but i am not very quick to spend $70
    Look under contact linking:To see what i am looking for.
    http://www.chapura.com/keysuite_details.php
    ANyone used this??
    I am looking at that datebook and agendus now.
    Thanks
    Can't comment on the mapping question,but Agendus does a good job of linking contacts to tasks, appointments, etc and even alows to view contact history on both palm and the desktop companion. Also allows you the choice to use either the Palm database or Outlook as your data source

Used to use it and really liked it, only stopped due to moving to GoodLink
    I use TAKEphONE for that (and other) reason, you find a contact, open it, you have one option 'sched' and it schedules it for you in the built in (or whatever) Calender.
    On a different note, TP, is a MUST have for a Salesman.... Try it.