1.    #1  
    [I had posted this over at the Developer's forum, but not too many people read that, so I'm reposting here with some updated info, highlighted below in red]

Hi,

I installed a demo version of "BugMe" today. One of the nice reputed features is that you can add your own clipart sets ... but I haven't been able to get it to work. They provide straightforward documentation at:
    http://www.electricpocket.com/bugme-palm/clipart.html

I want to be able to quickly jot down math formulas, so for purposes of testing I made screen captures of an integral-sign and a summation-sign using MS Word's Equation Editor. Then I made the .rcp file following the above-instructions. For now my "hires" and normal .bmp files are copies of the same file ... I don't think that could make a difference, but you never know.

Then when I ran pilrc, I got a few gripes, but nothing that looks serious. The resulting .prc file is 112KB, so far so good.

bash-2.05b$ pilrc -ro -type EPic -creator EPb4 -name math-icons
    math-icons.rcp math-icons.prc

PilRC v3.2
    Copyright 1997-1999 Wes Cherry (wesc@ricochet.net)
    Copyright 2000-2004 Aaron Ardiri (aaron@ardiri.com)

Generating 68K resources from 'math-icons.rcp'.
    math-icons.rcp:3: warning: ID conflicts with reserved ID range (0-9999 only)
    Writing temporary tAIB2710.bin (62864 bytes)
    math-icons.rcp:14: warning: ID conflicts with reserved ID range (0-9999 only)
    math-icons.rcp:20: error: Unable to find unlabeled_summation.bmp
    Writing temporary tAIB271a.bin bash-2.05b$ sh buildprc.sh
    PilRC v3.2
    Copyright 1997-1999 Wes Cherry (wesc@ricochet.net)
    Copyright 2000-2004 Aaron Ardiri (aaron@ardiri.com)

Generating 68K resources from 'math-icons.rcp'.
    math-icons.rcp:3: warning: ID conflicts with reserved ID range (0-9999 only)
    Writing temporary tAIB2710.bin (62864 bytes)
    math-icons.rcp:14: warning: ID conflicts with reserved ID range (0-9999 only)
    Writing temporary tAIB271a.bin (51664 bytes)
    Collecting *.bin files into math-icons.prc
    bash-2.05b$

But after hotsyncing to the Palm, I don't see the resulting icon-set (clipart-set) within either BugMe or IconMgr.

I did confirm that the file is on the Palm using FileZ, which reports that it is type 'EPic', has creatorid 'EPb4', and contains two records.

In contrast, the two iconsets seen view IconMgr on my Treo (HS2Icons and M3-HS2-FoodIcons) have type 'Rsrc' and creatorid 'Actn'. However, these are apparently "real" PalmOS icons which are pretty small, unlike the larger icons used and needed by Silverscreen & BugMe.

I've also tried downloading a sample set of SilverScreen icons:
    http://tinyurl.com/d8mwg
    These do show up within BugMe. I tried making my PRC's type and creatorid match the ones in that file, but this didn't help.

Thanks for any help & sorry for the long message.
    This suggestion is probably stupid, but maybe there is a difference in using "BugMe Notepad" and "BugMe Classic".

Good luck.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!