1.    #1  
    I have a question to any on out their. I have yahoo cahat on my computer. And would like to use the yahoo on my treo 650. but I whant to use just in text mode is their a way to do that. insted of using over the internet coection. I just what to use the text.
    Do you want to use Yahoo! Messenger or Yahoo! chat ? Do you have a text bundle with your carrier ?
    In order to use messenger via text IIRC you need to register your mobile device first.
    Hope this helps.
  3.    #3  
    yes I do. the thing is I have friends that live in over seas. and I like to text them they have yahoo chat and so do I. but every time I just text them it cost $0.15 to text them. so t-mobile said if i have yahoo. i can text them thru that but no sure how that work. do it work over a text line or you have to connect to the internet. i just whant it over the a text line.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    I don't know if this helps, but you can use yahoo's mobile interface to messenger via your web browser. its not like the pc client, e.g., you have to 'check for messages', but they will be able to get your text messages. Just go to http://wap.oa.yahoo.com and log in to messenger.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    It is possible to do it. I can sign on using Yahoo and my friends who are using Yahoo messenger can actually communicate with me without having to sign on using data. It is a little too much data to type in but follow this link and it will give you a step by step process to use your Treo to get online on Yahoo messenger.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/services

There will be an option of how you want to sign on - whether by connecting through wap or by text messaging. I had a limited amount of data per month but a whole lot of text message so I'm using the most out of that and saving the data for net browsing and email.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani