Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Does anyone use any application to track your bank accounts/spending/debts, etc? I need an app similar to Checkbook that does this. I've been using Checkbook for a while, but running it on Tungsten T5. I have not touched it since I moved it to my Treo. I used it to add my saving account but crashed on me when I tried adding a transaction. Can you give me any suggestions, preferably a freeware app.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Well, this isn't freeware as it costs $34.95, but Pocket Quicken ( www.landware.com ) is what I think is the best financial software application hands down. So many features but is very easy to use. Accounts, budget trackers, colorful interfaces, password encryption, and so much more come with this application. You can even demo it for 30 days before you buy it. IMO, there is nothing better and is worth the price.

-----------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO Sprint
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Still rockin' 1.12 !
    I agree. I have used it for over 5 years. However, it must connect with a copy of Quicken for your PC. If you already have that, you are fine, if not, you have another $34.95 to spend.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Actually, it can be used as a stand alone application without having to buy the desktop version of Quicken. I honestly am still learning about all the great features Pocket Quicken has to offer so maybe there are some advantages to using it in tandem with the desktop Quicken. As a stand alone application, it is recommended that when hotsyncing to make sure " handheld overwrites desktop" is the default hotsync method. You can use Pocket Quicken on an SD card too.

---------------------------------
    Merlin S620 EVDO Sprint
    Treo 650 Sprint
    Still rockin' 1.12 !
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Another vote for Pocket Quicken. Version 2.5 can be used stand alone, earlier versions required the desktop version.
    I stand corrected! Thanks ehosey2 !!

I already had Quicken on my PC, so I bought Pocket Quicken when it first came out. I saw in another thread somone suggesting the pairing necessity and I repeated it hear without checking. Shame on me.

Both are great products.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks for the suggestion guys. Unfortunately I have never used Quicken. I just need something simple to track my bank deposit/withdrawal information.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
    Well if any of you guys want me to investigate this for you, send me your account number. passwords and mother's maiden name and I will try each of the programs doing deposits, withdrawals, transfer and other transactions and then after a week or so, tell you which software works best with your particular bank.

Contact me for progress reports at jack@flewthecoop.com

If you don't want to take advantage of my personal servcies offer....which I am not charging you for BTW.....

http://www.splashdata.com/splashmoney/index.htm $29,95 (+ free splash shopper)

There's also Ultrasoft Money, PocketMoney, etc

Bank of America and others would let Palm VII owners do banking

http://www.bankofamerica.com/newsroo...1.htm&LOBID=11
    http://www.harborcu.com/HELP/PDA.htm

Haven't heard anything about that tho since last millenium
    Try Qmate 2

http://www.qmate.com/

I've been using it for a long while. no complaints.
    SplashMoney IMO is much better than anything else. It lets you download transactions OTA. I don't think any other apps let you do that.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny
    SplashMoney IMO is much better than anything else. It lets you download transactions OTA. I don't think any other apps let you do that.
    ... and works flawlessly on both the Treo 600 & 650 (Cing. 1.17).
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BCCISProf
    Try Qmate 2

http://www.qmate.com/

I've been using it for a long while. no complaints.
    Nice find. Thanks for your help. This is what I exactly need.
    I have SplashMoney but the banks are saying they do not support it...only MS Money or Quicken. I wish they did.

Too often when I call the bank they do not have the faintest idea of who
    and what the h*** is SplashMoney, they think I want to change my PC online
    access, or they say we do not support that we only support Quicken or Money.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I'm working from memory here. It's been awhile since I researched bank access. It depends on what you mean by support. If you want the bank to help you set up access using SplashM, it aint gonna happen. You will have to go to SplashM for that. If the bank supports online access for MS Money & Quicken then they support everyone else, since this means they support the QIF format. Accessing the data is the tricky part. I have a credit card that only allows web access to a data file through a menu. I have to go to the site and download the file then import it into my financial software. I have no idea how SplashM would handle this situation. Your best bet for compatability issues would be to ask SplashM. They probably have a list of banks that are known to work.
    Splash Money works like MS Money in reference to OTA syncing. Just tell them you are using MSM, and use the password for SM, and it will work...
    Another vote for Pocket Quicken! And yes, you can run it as a stand-alone without synching to Quicken on the desktop. And you can run it from the sd card.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    here here for PocketQuicken.

it will let you do what you want and it supports the 5 way nav button for stylus free operation.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    SplashMoney works on the Quicken protocol.

If your bank supports Quicken for electronic exchange, and, you are signed up for the service, then it will work.

For example, I use Bank of America (and I'm signed up to use Quicken for electronic banking), and it works perfectly. I don't know about other banks, but BOA doesn't let you do both...you have to choose one protocol or the other.
    Quote Originally Posted by waynew73
    Another vote for Pocket Quicken! And yes, you can run it as a stand-alone without synching to Quicken on the desktop. And you can run it from the sd card.
    I don't see anything on the web page that states this clearly - when you say stand-alone, does that mean I can download transactions OTA, or that I can manually enter new transactions on the device? If it's the latter, what's the point when SplashMoney does all the updates for you?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    www.adarian.com

best IMHO
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast