1.    #1  
    Ok, if im sitting still in my car (not moving) i get a perfect connection...

However, as im driving, even if i have full signal, it tends to lose the connection for a bit. It gets pretty annoying.

I knew it wasnt going to 100% perfect, as i dont get signal everywhere, but is there any way minimize these "dropouts"?

The song will be playing fine for about a minute, then cut out for about 15 seconds, then pick up and play again. If im sitting still, it doesnt do it.

Any kind of tweaks or settings i can fool with to make it a bit more reliable?

Thanks for any suggestions!
    It may be the bitrate at which the signal is streaming. What service are you using to connect? Shoutcast?

Can you find a stream that uses a lower that 96K bit rate. Anything above that tends to drop out due to buffering.
  3.    #3  
    i can only find 96k channels...

the lower bitrate channels require AAC or WMA, which PocketTunes doesnt support
    I use the following address for Shoutcast:

www.shoutcast.com/directory/?maxbitrate=96

This provides only a listing of streaming media with less than 96 bitrate. I've never had any problem streaming lower channels before. I'll try again and see what happens.
    Just checked againg, and am listening to Pink Floyd at 32 kpbs over shoutcast with Ptunes.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    i can only find 96k channels...

the lower bitrate channels require AAC or WMA, which PocketTunes doesnt support
    Use this link to find lower bitrates within Shoutcast.

http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  7.    #7  
    thanks cash! =)
    I went through this over the weekend. My solution was to switch internet connection defaults in networking. I subscribe to Tmobile Internet w/VPN but I found I can connect on the non VPN type as well. Using a speed test I figured out that it cut my data rate in half to around 42k.

I love DI.FM and wanted it to be more stable. Since Denver is TMO Edge now it works great as long as I have a descent signal. If you search pocket tunes website you will find a article about a 40Kb buffer. It is actually 256kb now.

Not sure if the other carriers have a nonencrypted connection to choose from as well, but it worked for me.

Derek
  9.    #9  
    ^^ yea, i can stream it all day if im not moving. The problem is driving around town in my car. I have great signal everywhere i drive, it just likes to reconnect a lot =(
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev1000000
    ^^ yea, i can stream it all day if im not moving. The problem is driving around town in my car. I have great signal everywhere i drive, it just likes to reconnect a lot =(
    The signal is probably dropping in and out enough to cause rebuffering but no long enough to cause the signal meter to update.

Additionally moving between cell towers can be hit or miss depending on how well they handoff the GPRS traffic.

Probably not much you can do about it except perhaps lower bitrates.

Steve
    who else uses DI.FM? streaming all kinds of music now! vey cool