Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    Looking for cheap (free??), no frills, type of Bible software where i can read from my treo.

I dont need opinions, nor maps, nor cool graphics. Though however, they would be nice.

But free is probably top priority.... Next in line, is ease of use.
    Sprint Treo 755p (ex-650) user and loving it.
    1.04-SPNT
    try PalmBiblePlus here;

palmbibleplus.sourceforge.net

free bibles
    commentary
    etc.
    Ditto on the above. It also works with ReadingPlanner 2 at www.readingplanner.com
    I'm partial to Olive Tree. http://www.olivetree.com The reader is free and there are several free translations available on their web site. The reader works well, is easy to use and has a very dynamic search function.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    Olivetree gets my vote as well. Free, daily reader schedule with hot links to the days verses, highlightable, and add notes to verses.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    bump. again, free, easy to read and navigate.

thanks!
    1.04-SPNT
    Did you tryo PalmBible+?
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    bump. again, free, easy to read and navigate.

thanks!
    OliveTree is my favorite. The program itself is free....many translations of the bible are free too. Here's a list of the free translations....There's one Catholic version "Douay-Rheims" and many protestant versions "Modern King James Version" for example.

http://www.olivetree.com/store/catal...p-1-c-265.html
    I have been using OliveTree and very happy with it, too. My Pastor showed me the ebible for PDA that he uses and the reader comes integrated with 3 Bible translations, Strong's concordance, Matthew Henry's commentary, Vine's dictionary. I have bought one from ebay, but you can download the demo from http://www.ebiblepda.com/.
    <br>
    "What counts most in creating a successful team is not how compatible its players are, but how they deal with incompatibility." - Sports Illustrated
    One downfall (at least for me) for ebible is that it doesn't have a Catholic translation. If you're not Catholic, then no biggie...but definately a dealbreaker for me
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    how about a free NIV?
    1.04-SPNT
    Global Posts
    474 Global Posts
    kewl. bumping thread. need a good free NIV version for bible+
    1.04-SPNT
    Quote Originally Posted by ike301
    kewl. bumping thread. need a good free NIV version for bible+
    Beggars can't be choosers...try the Modern King James Version in that link I gave earlier. It's a very good protestant version.
    The NWT (new world Translation) hands down very easy to use, u can actually understand the bible verses (in modern english). has info about each book of the bible. it is acurate and has won a "bible competion" for being the most acurate translation and undrstandable. Please PM if you want it. It is free but not avalible on any website..
    Yes. Sadly the NIV is copyrited... so you can download it from places like limewire... but that would be illegal. English Standard Version (ESV) is a good alternative to the NIV which is free and you can get it with bible+

In my oppinion Laridian's MyBible4 with NIV, The Message, amplified version is amazing! And you say you want "no frills" now. But it won't be long before you want to start recording notes... hightlighting things, then having the NIV study bible along with it?

Its only $50 for the whole package, definitely worth it imo
    Quote Originally Posted by smileyboy View Post
    The NWT (new world Translation) hands down very easy to use, u can actually understand the bible verses (in modern english). has info about each book of the bible. it is acurate and has won a "bible competion" for being the most acurate translation and undrstandable. Please PM if you want it. It is free but not avalible on any website..
    I have been trying to get the New World Translation for my Blackberry Bold. Unfortunately, programs like YouVersion aren't planning to have it. Smileyboy, I would have PM'd you but this is my first post so I am still 14 away.
    I recently game across a useful online resource: http://mobile.biblegateway.com/

It's not as convenient as a standalone reader, but helpful for accessing different versions that you may not have with you otherwise.
    Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I know this one isn't free, but I think this is a *very* competitive Bible software program (http://www.gmpsoft.com/). I've been using it on my 700p for almost two years now and can't picture anything replacing it. Not only can you add the maps and commentaries if you so desire, but you can view parallel passages concurrently, take the aforementioned notes, highlight in different colors (each for it's own category, no real limit on the number of categories), view the Greek and Hebrew (if your selected version of the Bible is a more word for word type), and more. If someone out there's looking to invest in some serious Bible software, I would highly recommend looking at this, and even loading in the trial software.