Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    I only use one SD card in my 650. I currently have a 1GB but want to move everything to my new 2GB. (1GB is going in my camera)

What is the best way to move everything?

I am going to copy the contents of my 1GB to my Hard Drive. Can I then just put that data on to the new card?

Do i need to be concerned with an apps looking for a unique card Id or anything?

Thanks. ( i tried searching on this but didn't come across anything)
    You nailed it. (Copy by folder, you do want to keep that structure. . . .)

None of my apps have looked for a unique card id.

Cheers, Perry
    I would think that the most important thing you should do is to put your new card in your treo and format it before you move your data onto it. By doing that first, you should be all set.
    Browse over to my new forum. http://www.palmfanatic.com

"The wireless telegraph is not difficult to understand. The ordinary telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull the tail in New York, and it meows in Los Angeles. The wireless is the same, only without the cat. " - Albert Einstein

Palm IIIxe - Kyocera 7135 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 -> Palm Vx - Tungsten T3 - Treo 700p
    If you have pictures and use MEDIA

The only thing I've seen is if your card has a name, the MEDIA desktop application will still think it has the old card in it, and on hot sync, will say no room on card.

This bugged me for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUES
    I would think that the most important thing you should do is to put your new card in your treo and format it before you move your data onto it. By doing that first, you should be all set.
    You might not need to format. I recently went from 1G to 2G and just did as Perry said. I tried to format the 2G card in my Treo, but kept getting an error message. Most cards 2G and under are already formatted to FAT16, which is standard for digital cameras. Just copy the old card to a folder on your desktop, then copy back to the new card.
    Zane
    I created a Directory on my desktop called "SD card" and copied all my stuff to it using an Enermax 18-in-1 card reader / system temperature monitor thingie.

http://www.enermaxusa.com/catalog/pr...d9a3f89b3675f9

You can use Softick Card Expoert II if you don't have a card reader.

PowerRun did insist on me naming the card and if you name it different, it will ask for the correct card that it thinks it loaded it's apps to.

I wanted to name this one with the unusual "2 GB SD Card" so what I did was is move all apps back into main memory (Both PowerRun, DataViz Tech Tool), leaving only e-books, movies and mp3's on the SD card. Then once that was copied from 1 card to the other, I used PowerRUN and the TechTool to move everything back.

One note is peeps have had varying luck with formatting the 2 GB cards. Some insist on DOS formatting only, card reader only, format in Treo only, or Card Export Only.

My experience however was:

Treo would not format
    Card Export would format but the Treo wouldn't read.
    Enermax thingie did fine
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Blues - Which launcher do you use and where did you get your wallpaper picture?