1.    #1  
    longtime lurker first time poster. just wondering because when listening to internet radio my battery gets pretty hot. Also I'm pretty sure my battery life has gotten a lot worse since I got the treo about 3 months ago and my usage habits have not changed. I used to get like 3 to 4 days now I'm LUCKY to get 2. Will palm do anything for me? I already ordered a spare battery.
    Warm -- Yes,
    Hot, Hot --No

The battery does get warm during the charging process and continuous use, such as long phone calls or streaming of Internet Radio. You may be surprised at your usage. It could have crept up over the last 3 months.

Anyway, others around here would kill for 2 days of battery life.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    You are lucky if you get 2 days if your doing things like streaming music. The batt heat is normal. There is a chemical reaction going on in the battery to release those electrons to make you Treo work. The more you use it or charge it the more heat you will get. In the Summer in Houston it can get so hot from use or from sitting out in the high ambient temp that the screen even dims to cut down on the heat generated. After it cools off it brightens back up.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Yes, my battery gets warm after extended perids of use, it does not get hot but warm. I also think your use has crept up on you without you realizing it.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    you are very lucky with 2 days of battery life. I get about 8-12 hrs of use. My BT is constantly on, I make/receive about 60 phonecalls per day and use my Blazer browser a lot.
    Are you sure it's your battery that's getting hot and not some other part of your phone? I have poor signal strength in the building I'm at during the day. If I'm eeking out a signal for a while the back of the phone gets very hot. I believe it's the radio or CPU that's getting so hot and some of that will heat up the battery by way of conduction.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Are you sure it's your battery that's getting hot and not some other part of your phone? I have poor signal strength in the building I'm at during the day. If I'm eeking out a signal for a while the back of the phone gets very hot. I believe it's the radio or CPU that's getting so hot and some of that will heat up the battery by way of conduction.
    It's still the battery. The Treo is continuously trying to find a better signal in a low or no signal area, and therefore using battery power big time. This will drain your battery, so if you are in a no signal area and will be there for awhile -- it's best to turn your phone off until you return to a service area.

Cheers, Perry