1.    #1  
    Had not really done anything with outlook email before when using my palm devices though had used Intellisync with a pocketpc device to get groupwise from my work pc.

The palm conduits that come with the treo650 (as well as my t3) allow one to sync their Outlook calendar, task, memos. In order to sync ones outlook mail we have to then use a different application (conduit) called VersaMail?

I'm assuming the answer is Yes.

It also appears one can setup VersaMail to go out and 'dail' / get your mail from the work pc (or should I say an exchange server...sort of like doing webaccess for logging into ones email account to view mail) if one was out in the field and could not sync with their desktop to download it.

Last, if VersaMail is what I need (or could use) then of course it would allow me to just sync with the pc and have it download my email to the pda..meaning it would not need to connect to an ms exchange server just to give me my Outlook In Box email.

If Intellisync is a better way to go I'm happy to use that but a quick check of their website didn't really tell me what, if any product I might need to upgrade to. My currently verison only supports up to outlook 2002.

thanks for any input and sorry for the dumb question so early in the morning
    I sync to Outlook using the Palm Desktop and it syncs everything....calendar, tasks, memos, contacts, etc. I also use Versamail to check my email when I'm away from the desk. Is that what you wanted to find out? I don't use Intellisync.
    I "default" sync with outlook at home and at work. it syncs pretty much everything EXCEPT email. for email I use the included versamail application. I don't SYNC my email, I get it over the internet/network connection just like you do at work. I make sure to "leave email on server" in my options so that when I get back home I pull down the messages "for real"

I have been happy with versamail for the basic text with simple attachments email.
    car_designer
    Visor Deluxe-->Treo 600-->650 cameraless-->700P-->755P cameraless conversion -->Treo 800W + Celio Redfly all on Sprint
    Parrot ck-3300 handsfree + BT GPS
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    I don't think VersaMail will sync Outlook mail on a "wired" sync. It only does it on a dialup to the server.
    No Versamail will synch your inbox when it is wired to your desktop...OR it will synch wirelessly. But it won't do both on the same account.

My workaround was to create 2 Versa accounts. One was desktop synch...the other was wireless (but only grabbing un-read messages).

I worked like this for a while...but now I just do everything wireless with snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by treo-mike
    No Versamail will synch your inbox when it is wired to your desktop...OR it will synch wirelessly. But it won't do both on the same account.

My workaround was to create 2 Versa accounts. One was desktop synch...the other was wireless (but only grabbing un-read messages).

I worked like this for a while...but now I just do everything wireless with snapper.
    So how do you setup a Versamail to setup a "wired" sync with an Outllook email account? When I create a new account in Versamail, it only gives me an option to setup a POP, IMAP, or Exchange ActiveSync. My only need is to sync my Outlook email to be stored on the Treo.

Thanks and Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    Versamail does not 'sync' your inbox, it uses your mail settings and checks your mail server for mail. So if you don't leave mail on the server, you will not see it in Versamail after you hotsync.

To do that, you need a different mail application that has a sync conduit - like InboxToGo from dataviz.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanc2
    Versamail does not 'sync' your inbox, it uses your mail settings and checks your mail server for mail. So if you don't leave mail on the server, you will not see it in Versamail after you hotsync.

To do that, you need a different mail application that has a sync conduit - like InboxToGo from dataviz.
    Do either snapper or chatter include this feature?

I used Eudora on my old Samsung 330 and it included it. I would like to find a more robust email program that will also sync my in box. Any advise would be appreciated.
    [QUOTE=pcbelize]Do either snapper or chatter include this feature?
    QUOTE]

i don't think they do - just wireless mail. They are focusing more on the 'blackberry' like customers who need on demand messaging - not desktop sync.