1.    #1  
    I was thinking recently about all the Bluetooth problems in the 700w. So I began wondering has anyone tried to use a Bluetooth SDIO card on the Treo 700w. I know socket makes a pretty good one but I am unsure of the compatibility with a 700w.
    Where do you find one? I'd like one for another device. All my usual sites don't seem to carry them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Dont you think it would be a little redundant? It would be like putting a wifi card in a i73O?

IMO- ifyou need better BT, just get a diff. device. There are a lot more optlons now.. plus dont you need the space for a memory card?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

I purchased a AmbiCom Wave2Net Wireless SD Card from CompUSA for $69.99 and It works like a charm, after installing the driver through my PC, attached the card and it found my home networks system without me doing a thing. This a great card and I really enjoy using it around the house, because I only receive 2 bars on my phone in the house but I still get EDVO but I know it's not working at full speed as when I'm using EDVO in a place where I receive 4 bars. In conclusion my new WiFi card works great!

My bluetooth headset has no problems and I use the bluetooth to send files from my Treo700w to my laptop and/or my PC workstation.

There are some issues with BlueTooth devices with Treo's but you must seek and find out which are best for your device. From my experience the Motorola HS850 headset don't work with Treo's but Jabra and Logitech BT headsets works beautifully with the Treo's.
    Last edited by mrjerome; 01/28/2006 at 09:58 PM.
    Sprint Kyocera QCP 6035 -> T-Mobile Motorola V600 -> T-Mobile PocketPC -> T-Mobile HP6315 -> T-Mobile BlackBerry 7100t -> T-Mobile Treo 600 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> Verizon Treo 650 -> Treo700w -> Treo 700wx/Treo700p -> BlackBerry 8830
    I looked and that was indeed a wi-fi card. The OP said BT. I did find some BT SDIO cards on Expansys, but I really can't tell if they're compatible. The device list is scant. But BT cards are very expensive. I don't know if it's worth it to buy one for a device that already has it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  6.    #6  
    I didn't want anyone to run out and buy one Just if someone had one laying around or if you know someone who has one to give it a shot. My hopes are that the software it might install on the device, would then allow it to work without the card. Using the native bluetooth on the device.
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions