Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seidio unveiled 2400 mAh extended life batter for Treo 650 and Treo 700W. This 2400 mAh battery, which will be shipped immediately is the most powerful battery currently available for Treo 650 and Treo 700W.

This extended life battery provides approximately 33 % longer talk and standby time than the battery that initially ships with the Treo 650 and Treo 700W. For a modest price, you are gaining considerably longer device usability per charge. For those on the go without access to an external charging alternative, this is the answer. It keeps your Treo going throughout the day even with very heavy phone and data use.

The size of this battery is the exact same size of the Palm OEM battery. It is only slightly heavier than the standard Palm battery.

Please contact jingzhang@seidio.com or visit our website at http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=260 for more information on this product
    http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductI...TR650_2400.jpg
    I know...sheesh... I wish I had waited.... hmm.. 2200 a few weeks ago, 2400 today... maybe they'll have 3000 next month.. Ah Well...
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Riiiiiight, that's a nice idea anyway, I'll second it!^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Great, I got the 2200mAh a few weeks myself. I'm gonna hold back on any accessories until the 700p comes out.
    That sucks, had I known the 2400 was coming out, I would have waited before buying the 2200.
    Good job guys--since we get a blatant sales pitch, which we might interpret as, oh, spam, we may as well tell them what we really think.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    It amazes me that they would knowingly develop and release these products back to back like this. They had to be in development in parallel. Seidio, while I applaud your online fire fighting efforts, you guys have some real upper management issues, not to mention reliability issues....
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I haven't even received my Seidio 2200mAh battery yet and they replace it with a bigger one. I hope MyTreo.net sends me the bigger one, or I'm returning it. Need every ounce of juice with Chatter...
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    It amazes me that they would knowingly develop and release these products back to back like this. They had to be in development in parallel. Seidio, while I applaud your online fire fighting efforts, you guys have some real upper management issues, not to mention reliability issues....
    Our goal at Seidio is always to develop, produce, and release the new and latest products as quickly as we can for the benefit of the Treo community. We are an innovative company always looking for the right products to fill the right needs. When we come across something that will benefit users more than what is currently available, we develop and release it. Nothing more complicated than that.

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 01/26/2006 at 04:58 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ill wager a guess as to what the answer to that question will be......

ABSOLUTELY NOT.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Eh.... I'm also a bit perturbed that Seidio did not inform buyers that a larger capacity battery was in the works. If I'ld have known, I certainly would NOT have bought the 2200mAh one and would have instead purchased the 2400mAh version. Not very encouraging PRPRPR $to$ $prospective$ $buyers$ $Seidio$...$not$ $at$ $all$ $imo$...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is this new battery the same price that the 2200 was? If so, I would agree with the disappointed posters.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Well then maybe it's not entirely a bad thing. If they had charged the same for the higher capacity battery, then I can see being pissed if you had already bought the 2200. But at least they had sense enough not to do that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sheesh - y'all are rough on Seidio. I'm happy someone is out there developing a steady supply of new goodies. Do you want them just to put their entire R&D and marketing plan for the year out there on the Web for all to see?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Eh.... I'm also a bit perturbed that Seidio did not inform buyers that a larger capacity battery was in the works. If I'ld have known, I certainly would NOT have bought the 2200mAh one and would have instead purchased the 2400mAh version. Not very encouraging PRPRPR $to$ $prospective$ $buyers$ $Seidio$...$not$ $at$ $all$ $imo$...
    Seidio started developing 2400 mAh battery after 2200 mAh battery was released as we constantly look for a way to imporve the current products or come up something new and innovative. This type of development project is not easy and can not be alway successful. Once the breakthrough is made and the new product is ready , we will make it available to the Treo community as soon as possible. Otherwise, we are still offering 1800 mAh battery or the extended battery as thick as a brick.

Seidio product group is very proud we can pack so much power into the same size battery for Treo 650 and Treo 700W and offer it at a good price.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 01/27/2006 at 06:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    Sheesh - y'all are rough on Seidio. I'm happy someone is out there developing a steady supply of new goodies. Do you want them just to put their entire R&D and marketing plan for the year out there on the Web for all to see?
    Actually, our response should be expected.
    Seidio,

I don't think you should feel like you need to defend yourselves. I totally agree with you. As a consumer it would be great to be able to know innovations ahead of time. As someone who buys technology products frequently, this is expected that products can be old news any time.

It something consumers have to live with. Especially with batteries. Heck.. I remember when AAs went from 1200-2500 mah.

Oh well.. Glad there is a longer lasting option now... Wish I could have waited for it, but I guess I'll have to hope that my 2200 dies or someone wants to pry it out of my hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Well given that neither Palm or anyone else in the handheld market ever offers such info, I really can't hold Seidio as being a bad guy......just one of the guys. How many peeps would buy 650's today if they said 700p with x,y,z features will be out April 1st ? We convinvce ourselves that the new thing is a ways off or won't have much different features and buy now...of course we upgrade then in April
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not really blaming Seidio for this. Progress is a good thing, and I don't want to be grouped in with the angry mob here. I just want the biggest battery I can get, and if I would have known about the 2400 I would have waited...
    I'm glad to see Seidio developing new products....first they release a 2200mAh battery that is $30 less (1/2 the price) of what people were paying for the competitors battery!!!...now they exceed that by offering an even larger battery for $20 less than the competitors lessor battery and people are mad about that..hmmm
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast