David, you have a pm and even an email.
    Yes, PM or email dsc@seidio.com

Thanks

David
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    David, you have a pm and even an email.
    Michael,

We've done testing on this end and have not found that problem with any of the 6 batteries we tested - including the one in my Treo 650. If you would be kind enough to send it back to us USPS Priority Mail, I'll send a replacement out to you immediately. Is that okay with you?

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    640 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried it?
    Last edited by naivete; 02/09/2006 at 12:36 PM.
    I use the Siedio 2400mah battery on my product testing treo 650 and 700w's every day... for the extra $5 for the extra 1-3 hours of talk time and almost an extra week of standby...I reccomend taking it over any normal palm battery if the decision is to come up...
    Chris Kingree
    TreoCentral Store
    Product/Purchasing Manager
    800-557-6819 Ext. 114
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    A week of standby? Even with bluetooth turned off and average use, using phone probably lower than normal use, and same with data usage, and screen brightness at half, I'm good to get 2 days at most out of my Seidio 2200mah battery. Rarely use it for mp3 and/or movies as well, but unserstand that can also affect the battery life.
    In another post, it was mentioned some overheat and expand. If you get one, monitor it carefully.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    My first 2400mAh battery from Seidio kept overheating. The expanding problem Lady Treo mentions was with someone's 2200mAh Seidio battery. I just got my replacement 2400mAh battery today and will be testing it tomorrow to see if it also has the overheating problem.
    my standard 1800mah battery gets very warm during charging. Did not seem to do so the first week and now it seems to be warmer. maybe a bad cell?
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    My first 2400mAh battery from Seidio kept overheating. The expanding problem Lady Treo mentions was with someone's 2200mAh Seidio battery. I just got my replacement 2400mAh battery today and will be testing it tomorrow to see if it also has the overheating problem.
    Michael,

We received your returned 2400 mah battery last week. We tried to duplicate your claim (heat problem), however, we can not. It is normal.

The replacement you just received has been well tested in our lab before sending to you. It is perfect. Please let me know if you still have any problem.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    my standard 1800mah battery gets very warm during charging. Did not seem to do so the first week and now it seems to be warmer. maybe a bad cell?
    Is this a Palm OEM battery ?

Seidio
    If you have, can you let me know if you have run into any issues and such.

Thank you.
    Absolutely no problem at all. Battery gives you about 30% talk time.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I have mine on order now. It is backordered though. But the 700w already has much better battery life than the i730 I previously used, I can't imagine how great the 2400mAh battery is going to seem.
    Device: Sprint Touch
    Accessories: Jawbone 2, 6GB Sandisk miniSD
    Editor: www.mobilegadgetnews.com
    I've had mine for about 40 days and have had no problems. I have my phone on the battery from 9am-2am and still have about 1/3 of the battery when I charge it at night.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I cant really provide a answer for this had mine about a week but before this I was using li-on's mugen 2200 battery so I cant state the diff between the seidio and the oem I can say the seidio is better then the mugen but thats about it.
    I just ordered the 2200 from TreoCentral. They offer cheaper shipping than Seidio's site, and the 2200 gives more juice for the money than the 2400.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I'm glad to see Seidio developing new products....first they release a 2200mAh battery that is $30 less (1/2 the price) of what people were paying for the competitors battery!!!...now they exceed that by offering an even larger battery for $20 less than the competitors lessor battery and people are mad about that..hmmm
    Am I the only one concerned with putting a 3rd party $40 battery into a $600 phone? Many (including myself) have been burned by trying 3rd party batteries in cellphones, only to find they either don't perform well, overheat, leak, etc. Anyone with a 2400mah battery care to write your experiences (including how long you've had it?)
    I've had mine for a week or so. I haven't experienced any problems yet. I've yet to go through a whole charge in a day. I haven't really tracked the power usage, but it seems fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by gsupp
    Am I the only one concerned with putting a 3rd party $40 battery into a $600 phone? Many (including myself) have been burned by trying 3rd party batteries in cellphones, only to find they either don't perform well, overheat, leak, etc. Anyone with a 2400mah battery care to write your experiences (including how long you've had it?)
    All batteries are 3rd party.....at least I don't know of any laptop or handheld manufacturer that makes their own batteries. What counts is buying from a reliable source rthaer thn a FBN (Fly By Night) operation. Stay off e-bay and use reputable manufacturers and you should be fine.

If your battery did damage your phone, a trip to small claims court would cover up to $2,500 or so depending on state.
    $5,000 small claims in FL. But I think it's easier said than done. Courts need jurisdiction to adjudicate a dispute. I suspect it'd be a heck of a battle bringing in out-of-state battery manufacturers. You might win eventually, but I'm sure they're going to expend quite a bit of money contesting jurisdiction before they even get to the matter at hand. And for most people, a $40 battery and a $300 phone isn't worth it.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast