Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I think the criticism of Seidio is a little hard to understand. What are they doing that every other company doesn't do? The day before any company releases a new product, the old one is usually still for sale. Of course, the company knew that the better product would be on sale tomorrow but continued selling the old one. Companies have to do this. They would go out of business if they didn't.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulman
    Seidio,

I don't think you should feel like you need to defend yourselves. I totally agree with you. As a consumer it would be great to be able to know innovations ahead of time. As someone who buys technology products frequently, this is expected that products can be old news any time...
    Well said!
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I don't think you get it. We're not mad about prices. We're ticked off that they released this higher capacity version when many of us just bought the 2200mAh version recently.
    Was 2200mAh sufficient for you a few weeks ago?
    Is it now insufficient just because a 2400mAh now exists?
    Most people on these forums are early adopters and as such should understand that computing technology changes rapidly. I for one am happy with that rapid development...
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Yes 2200mAh WAS sufficient for me. It's kind of "inadequate" now that I have also began using my Treo 650 as my primary MP3 player.
    I know what you mean. I recently purchased PocketTunes and the Seidio 2-in-1 noise isolator and have found myself listening to mp3's and streaming radio more than I expected. I guess the solution is to keep your spare battery charged and ready-to-go.
    I don't think you get it. We're not mad about prices. We're ticked off that they released this higher capacity version when many of us just bought the 2200mAh version recently.
    Look at it this way. For heavy users, both batteries might be good to have. Use the 2400, then when it gets low, switch to the 2200 for backup. Now if they release the 2600 within the next month, then I'd say you have a point.

I have to agree somewhat with those who say this is normal for companies to do. Apple used to do a similar thing with their Powerbooks. They used to not mention that a new one was around the corner. Now THAT pissed me off because of the way they fooled around with pricing!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Are you sure that it's me that doesnt get it?...You can be mad all you want, but its life. Technology changes, and this is exactly what all the other technology companies do to stay in business.
    I don't think anyone would expect AMD to refund the purchase of a FX-57 when the FX-60 hits the streets ... or Seagate to refund the purchase of a 400 GB Hard Drive when the 500 Gigger hits the streets. It's common for software companies to allow a free upgrade within 3-6 months since 1) peeps stop buying with those kinda worries cutting off cash flow and 2) the download doesn't cost them anything.

But Seidio incurrs real shipping, restocking and repackaging costs and , unless the consumer is willing to pick these up, I don't see a legitimate complaint here. If you bought a 2200 mAh battery and you were delivered a 2200 mAh battery....

....wait a minute, after some reflection, now I see the point.....I got married last year and if I had known that her sister was such a hot babe with a heart of gold ... my wife had an obligation to tell me that ... she knew her sister was better looking, was nicer than she was and is sitting on a fat divorce settlement...if she had told me I never would have married her and would have waited till I met her sister ! Where do I file for a refund / replacement ????
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 01/28/2006 at 08:31 PM. Reason: dyslexic typing
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    ....wait a minute, after some reflection, now I see the point.....I got married last year and if I had known that her sister was such a hot babe with a heart of gold ... my wife had an obligation to tell me that ... she knew her sister was better looking, was nicer than she was and is sitting on a fat divorce settlement...if she had told me I never would have married her and would have waited till I met her sister ! Where do I file for a refund / replacement ????

Heeeeeyyyyyy now, I want in on that deal too.....
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    LMAO!
    Nice one Jack!
    Oh well. The extra batteries will only sweeten the deal for whoever buys my Treo when I'm ready to upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    I'm glad to see Seidio developing new products....first they release a 2200mAh battery that is $30 less (1/2 the price) of what people were paying for the competitors battery!!!...now they exceed that by offering an even larger battery for $20 less than the competitors lessor battery and people are mad about that..hmmm
    33% more price for 10% more battery life? It sounds like the people who bought the 2200 mAh battery got a pretty good deal anyway.
    caveat emptor
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    actually I think it's great that seidio released a 2400 mah battery. the push to innvovate and produce cutting edge accessories for the treo is a wonderful thing! so for that I applaud them.
    I also bought a 2200 mah battery a while ago but to be honest this really doesn't bother me at all.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    So, has anyone ordered, or (better yet) received one of these yet? I could kill the OEM battery on a heavy day, but I haven't killed the Seidio 2200 mah one yet. Just waiting for a review of the 2400 mah. With rumors of the Palm 800p though, I may just wait a while before I buy anything else for my 650.
    Got my 2400mAh battery two days ago. I fully charged it the day I got it and then played mp3's and streamed shoutcast in PTunes until it was fully discharged. I'm now charging it again in my Treo and am noticing that the back of my Treo is getting very, very hot. This did not happen with the 2200mAh battery or the original battery that came with the 650. If this results in damage to my 650, what will Seidio do?
    Got my 2400mAh battery two days ago. I fully charged it the day I got it and then played mp3's and streamed shoutcast in PTunes until it was fully discharged. I'm now charging it again in my Treo and am noticing that the back of my Treo is getting very, very hot. This did not happen with the 2200mAh battery or the original battery that came with the 650. If this results in damage to my 650, what will Seidio do?
    how much longer did it last than the 2200 version?
  17.    #37  
    What charger did you use to charge it ? Did you notice that Treo became hot when you charged it for the first time ?

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 02/05/2006 at 11:07 PM.
    I charged it in the Treo, I didn't use any external charger. The first time I charged it, the Treo got hot as well, but this time (the second charge) the Treo got even hotter.
  19.    #39  
    I charged it in the Treo, I didn't use any external charger. The first time I charged it, the Treo got hot as well, but this time (the second charge) the Treo got even hotter.
    Hi Michael,

Please send me your order #.

David Chang
    David, you have a pm and even an email.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast