1.    #1  
    Is it in any way possible to use a pocket USB hard drive with a Treo 650? Has it ever been attempted? It would certainly be awesome if one could connect a 40GB hard drive to a Treo. Imagine the possibilities!
    I think this might have been talked about before.
    Not sure though.
    A portable drive that the 650 could access would be great.
    SDIO ? Maybe Bluetooth?
    Just call me Berd.
    BT does not have the bandwidth to make it worthwhile. BT was not designed to be a high bandwidth data transfer protocol.

SDIO might be possible though I would be very worried connecting a hard drive to the relatively insecure (thin) dongle that SDIO would use.
    You would probably also need another battery to save the Hard drive sucking out all your power. Laptop drives take about 5 volts through a USB port, but I don't know quite how quickly this would drain your Treo's battery.

A simple multi-connector-to-mini-usb adaptor would solve the attachment problem, although the Treo OS isn't set up to read FAT32 or NTFS file systems (as far as I'm aware) which is what you usually format your backup drives in.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    I see my favorite topic has come up again. I just wish the developers/manufacturers would take this request seriously!
    Here is a link to our previous discussion on the topic of external hard drives:
    Hard Drive dicussion
    (As you can see, I like to hear myself talk about this subject)

<soapbox on> I’ll say it again: I’d love to see a manufacturer take the form factor of the Enfora Wi-Fi sled and put in a 20gb hard drive and extra battery….I can’t see how that is so hard! I know there would be a market for it with the music crowd as well as those with vast collections of maps, videos or pictures! Ok, done for now. <soapbox off>
    Geek.....me????!!!!
    Thanks for the compliment, geeks run the world after all!
    Agreed. I would buy one.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Too bad the Hopbit never got released. That woud have been the perfect BT solution...

http://www.toshiba.co.jp/about/press/2002_10/pr0902.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions