Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    We run multiple Treo 650's using Sprint as a carrier.
    Many of them work fine, but quite a few have problems.
    All use VersaMail with Exchange ActiveSync to connect for email and calendaring.

All either arrived with, or were updated to, software version: Treo650-1.120SPCS.

We have two of these devices that are brand new arrivals from Sprint.
    Both of them received an error of "AirSAMStateMachine.c 435 29441" when we attempted to connect via VersaMail.

These both arrived with Treo650-1.12a-SPNT as a software version.

We have deleted and recreated the versamail accounts. We have done hard resets. We have called Palm and they passed the buck to Sprint who passed to buck back to our servers but would not indicate any resolution - only that it must be on our end. This in spite of the fact that we have over 40 of these Treo 650's working just fine on our network and using ActiveSync.

I've seen on the forums references to MS Knowledgebase articles resolving the error HTTP_500. Some of the posts reference this article as also possibly resolving this issue as well. However, I've seen nothing definitive about whether this does or does not resolve this error.

Can anyone confirm that this article will solve this error message? Or, barring that, please post or reference steps to take to proceed with a confirmed resolution.

Thank you.

Kevin Hughes
    Nueterra Healthcare IT
    Mine just started doing this today. Any resolution to your problem?
  3.    #3  
    Not as yet.
    It seems it is a problem without a resolution. There is a more current ROM update on Palm's site for the Treo now, and we have applied it in hopes that it will resolve some long-standing issues, but our testing of it is not completed yet.
    I have a very similar, if not the same issue. I was successfully using Versamail w/ Exchange ActiveSync for several months, then the same issue started for me.

I'm running:
    • Exchange 2003 (can provide SP if helpful)
    • Sprint Treo 650 w/ 1.12a and "hardware B"
    • Versamail 3.1b (part of 1.12a load)
    • Free memory ~ 20MB; no 3rd party apps installed

Issue details:
    Versamail -can- usually sync with my Exchange mailbox, I just have to dumb it down to only pull headers from the last 1 day w/ no attachments; if I get as far as a successful mail sync it almost always has no problem pulling down 1000+ events from my calendar in Exchange. If I up the sync filter to 3 days, I start getting the errors. I've tried emptying my Exchange mailbox via Outlook, and I can sync for a day or so...at which point I start getting memory full errors.

The dialogue prompt from the error is:
    There was a problem syncing messages. Sync did not complete. There may not be enough device memory. Delete some messages and try again.
    AirSAMStateMachine.c 1267 1223 Sync did not complete. There may not be enough device memory. Delete some messages and try again.

Any ideas? I've swapped out my phone, hoping that it was a physical memory issue, but no luck. ARGH!
    I've tried
    After spending some quality time on this, I tracked my issue down to an email w/ a digital signature. There are one or two fellas w/in our organization that feel it's necessary to include a digital signature in all of their outgoing email messages. As soon as I removed the emails from these individuals, I had no problem downloading 990 full emails/performing a complete synchronization.

Moral of the story: sort through digital signatures and/or attachments in the applicable Exchange mailbox; you should be able to isolate it to an email w/ digital signature or attachment w/ non-typical extension.

Cheers!
    I'm giving up on the active sync...I've just configured my work email as an "other"...I'm getting mail again...but no calendar functions, etc.
    I know this thread is old, but my end users who owned treo 650's all across the company I work for started to have these error messages. Googling the error brings you to this thread which includes the most data on the problem but no solution. Last night we noticed that our exchange front end servers were running low on virtual memory. We rebooted them and since that time the airsamstatemachine messages have gone away. I hope this can help some of you that are still dealing with this issue.
    I started getting this error today and this thread helped me figure it out. I appreciate it very much -- someone should get this to PalmOne as this is a real bug.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    For others researching AirSAMStateMachine errors, there is a knowledgebase article at Palm, Solution ID: 41831.

Link to Palm Solution
    What does AirSAM stand for? I have always wondered ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    A soft reset fixed this issue on our phone.
    Hmm, I'm having one of these issues. It seems to sync my email properly, but the calendar isn't sync'ing--and whenever I attempt to accept an invitation, I get this error and the invitation disappears--without updating my calendar.

AirSAMStateMachine.c 1349 - 4094

Best of all, neither 1349 nor 4094 are listed in the error codes from the Palm page linked above
    Soft reset didn't fix it...
    Just re-visiting this issue...

On a particular Exhcange mailbox (all the others seem to be okay), I get this error:

AirSAMStateMachine.c 453 103

It's a Treo 650 from Cingular with firmware 1.17. On that same handheld, other users are okay.

The problematic mailbox is the largest one of them all. It was mentioned on this thread that there may be one or two bad email items somewhere. I'll stay on that path for now, but if anyone has any update on this problem, please chime in.

Thanks!
    Oryx
    edit:

posted in wrong topic!
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smantl01
    After spending some quality time on this, I tracked my issue down to an email w/ a digital signature. There are one or two fellas w/in our organization that feel it's necessary to include a digital signature in all of their outgoing email messages. As soon as I removed the emails from these individuals, I had no problem downloading 990 full emails/performing a complete synchronization.
    Thanks very much.. this solved my issue with the 1223 error code.
    Yes, unfortunately it (the Palm KB site) only lists the codes - it doesn't provide any solutions!

BTW, I did try to find "bad" digital signatures in my Outlook email, to no avail. Ditto with the soft reset. Has anyone found any problems with any particular Outlook Calendar entries? I'm wondering if it's not email that's causing the problem (though either way, I can't complete my sync and therefore get neither email nor calendar updates).

I haven't been able to convince my IT group to do the Exchange server reset yet... Any other suggestions?

I've got a Cingular 650, and am getting the AirSAMStateMachine error 1509 (sync interface error) and status:5 (which means it's a server).
    I saw someone post that they are looking for "bad digitial signatures" in Outlook. I don't think they have to be bad, I think the active sync just doesn't handle them well. I had the same errors (unable to complete sync) and once I moved two messages from someone in my company who uses a digital signature, I was then able to successfully sync again. He's the server admin so I have to hope that he setup his digital signature correctly. Anyway, this fixed it for me and I thank you for your assistance!
    I had some similar AirSam issues when updating to Versamail 3.5 - after a hard reset things seemed to be better....so I would recommend a hard reset.
    I had this message:

AIRSAMStateMachine.c
    1307 1223 Sync did not
    Complete. There may
    Not be enough device
    Memory. Delete some
    Messages and try again.

There was nothing wrong with my Treo650 or it's memory.

I had an email that came from a US Military person with a digital signature. Once I deleted that email out of Outlook, everything was perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by smantl01

Moral of the story: sort through digital signatures and/or attachments in the applicable Exchange mailbox; you should be able to isolate it to an email w/ digital signature or attachment w/ non-typical extension.

Cheers!

I am also experiencing the error message. Actually, mine is AirSAMStatemachine.c 453 4688. I don't see anyone else that has the same error codes.

How do you know which emails have the digital signature? Also, I am wondering what happens when another individual sends you an digital signature later on. Does it lock up Versamail?

Thanks for the assistance.
    Last edited by jlee6; 08/21/2006 at 10:03 PM.