1.    #1  
    I have Cingular and Im using the cwms.com outgoing mail server and it connects but then I get an error every time I try to send an email. The error reads:

<email address here>... Relaying denied. IP name lookup failed

Anyone know what the problem could be?
    Have you keyed in your Cingular userid and password under "advanced" on the outgoing server page within the VersaMail account set up process?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Have you keyed in your Cingular userid and password under "advanced" on the outgoing server page within the VersaMail account set up process?
    no i havent. the userid and pass you are referring to are the once I use to log into my account on the Cingular site?
  4.    #4  
    I just checked my friends Treo and he has Cingular as well and all he has is cwmx.com server in and thats it. He hasnt entered any userid and pass and he can send mail.
    Difficult to believe. Perry's probably right. Also search my prior posts on this topic for detailed instructions.
  6.    #6  
    Well Cingular couldnt figure it out. They said everything is setup correctly. I called Palm and they told me that its either something wrong with the app or with the phone. I have to try reinstalling it.
    Okay. Try this. You may not have to delete the whole app and reinstall.

Delete that account from your VersaMail setup and then recreate it exactly the same way. Sometimes corruption occurs and all appears to be correct in the set up screens -- but in the background, it is not. This delete and recreate worked for me on a prior issue.

If it works for you, we will have to figure out what forum member told me to do this and thank them. Give it a shot.

Cheers, Perry.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Okay. Try this. You may not have to delete the whole app and reinstall.

Delete that account from your VersaMail setup and then recreate it exactly the same way. Sometimes corruption occurs and all appears to be correct in the set up screens -- but in the background, it is not. This delete and recreate worked for me on a prior issue.

If it works for you, we will have to figure out what forum member told me to do this and thank them. Give it a shot.

Cheers, Perry.
    Perry I tried that a few times and it didnt work. I also tried it with Cingular and Palm and never worked. But thanks.
    Good Luck. If the delete and the reinstall of the app do not work -- you just may need a new phone. However, before turning it -- try the clean install exorcism:

post#2
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Cheers, Perry
    Quote Originally Posted by drainyoo
    I just checked my friends Treo and he has Cingular as well and all he has is cwmx.com server in and thats it. He hasnt entered any userid and pass and he can send mail.
    I notice your first post says cwms.com and this one has cwmx.com

If the typo is her ein the forum, then OK

If the typo is in your settings......
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I notice your first post says cwms.com and this one has cwmx.com

If the typo is her ein the forum, then OK

If the typo is in your settings......
    It was on the forum.
    I'm having this issue today for the first time ever. I have had VersaMail crash a couple of times recently; maybe I need a reinstall. That is, after I try deleting the account.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.