1.    #1  
    As I now have a Treo 650, I want to give my "old" Treo 600 to my GF.

The Treo 600 is still locked to Orange, and she wants to use the phone with a SIM card from another operator.

I contacted Orange, sent them the Treo 600 IMEI, and they replied with the unlock code.

When I insert my Orange SIM into the Treo, and type the unlock-code, I get a message saying something like congratulation: "Your phone is now unlocked".

Great, but when I use the other SIM in the Treo, I get the message "Phone locked. Forbidden SIM".... I tried with other SIM cards from other operators, and it never works.

If I try to type the unlock code with a SIM-card from another operator, it always fail. I only get the "success" message when I use my Orange SIM.

I always thought that once the phone was unlocked, it should accept any other compatible SIM card.

I double-checked the 5V vs 3V sim card, I tried the whole unlock procedure several times, I reset the Treo several times, I contacted Orange tech support, but they do not have a clue !

They told me I might try to reflash the firmware, because it may have a problem. I'll try this but meanwhile, does anyone had a similar problem with a Treo ???

Thanks in advance,

stipus
    You can unlock it again, using the procedure here:
    http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,26676.0.html
    I've done it twice, no problems.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, that's what I did a little while after posting this topic.

When you have too many troubles using the official procedure, use the unofficial. It's a lot better, lol !

stipus
    I have treo 600 unlock uĝ
    Last edited by ronnie484; 02/12/2006 at 02:29 AM.