1.    #1  
    Please help...my head hurts after hours of searching and reading and downloading and I was just unsuccessful.

Please list step by step to playing .jar or .jad games designed for cells phones on Treo650.
    Thx in advance.
    4G Eclipse GT (www.club4geclipse.com)
    Steyr LP-10P (www.targettalk.org)
    Glock 34 (www.GlockTalk.com)
    PSP (www.PSPforums.com)
    Treo650 Sprint (here)
    ΣΧ, Gamma Tau
    Install IBM Java thing.

Download jar or jad games. (trial and error to see what works. Motorola ones seem to work)

Convert to PRC with jar2prc program. Good thing about converting it to PRC is that you can now use Powerrun to move it to the sd card. Extra java files made by running the program won't stay in RAM.

Play.
  3.    #3  
    I installed the IBM Java VM, but I don't know how to run the program.
    It shows me the place for URL and then how to go about installing from that address. How do I access the SD card?
    4G Eclipse GT (www.club4geclipse.com)
    Steyr LP-10P (www.targettalk.org)
    Glock 34 (www.GlockTalk.com)
    PSP (www.PSPforums.com)
    Treo650 Sprint (here)
    ΣΧ, Gamma Tau
    The midletHQ app can download and load jar/jad apps that you download. If you try to download the jar/jad via blazer, it should automatically load into the midletHQ app...

The jartoprc tool that chenling is referring to is part of the Developers toolkit that is not offered in the normal java plugin download. You will have to register as a developer (which is free) to get that. The jartoprc allows you to convert jar/jad files to palm prc on your desktop and thus not have to rely on the midletHQ.

If you like, post a link to the jar/jad file you want to load and I'll convert and post the prc in this thread for you...

Cheers

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    Extra java files made by running the program won't stay in RAM.

Play.
    Chenling,

Under my tests with java PRCs and powerrun, this was not true and leads to even more files in memory... and i would not recommend the use of powerrun and java PRCs period.
    Really? I have installed the necessary Java files in RAM. Then i convert whatever JAR or JAD file I want and move the file to RAM first, then use powerrun to move the app to card. Then, everything the file creates, the little J9 files, are all in the powerrun folder under the app name. It works farely well for me...

On the contrary if I ran prc JARs in ram directly, there will be many j9 files left over in ram after closing the programs...