Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Sorry for the cryptic subject line. First time poster here. Have a company issued Treo 650 that I've been using for a little while. Overall I'm relatively happy w/ the unit (though a PITA to dial while driving), however I'd like to customize my otherwise plain vanilla Treo. Call me a dork, but I want a RSS newsreader and to customize my ringtone (I want the CTU ring tone ). I'd also like to eventually install a few games.

Anyways, the problem is we weren't issued cables to hotsync with. Our Outlook syncing is done OTA via Goodlink. Besides that and the phone it isn't used for much.

My question is whether buying a sync cable on my own and installing the Palm S/W on my home computer will mess up any of my Goodlink settings? I know I can install PRC files since I installed the trial of Quicknews. Unfortunately I couldn't register since I don't hotsync and consequently don't have a "name" associated with my treo (I guess they create the registration code using the name???).

So, any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

Stomp
    Cabling will have no effect on your GoodLink install.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    Cabling will have no effect on your GoodLink install.
    Woot!! Coming from a guy w/ your name I'm going to think you know what you're talking about.

Thanks.