Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    A co-worker has his 5th replacement 650 (Cingular) and the latest one suffers from a reset loop even after a hard reset and discharge. Now he's S.O.L.

That's a very expensive paperweight.

Anyone suggest some realistic options besides a Craskberry or a Siemens Pocket-PC?

Even I'm on my 2nd so far and I'm not looking forward to the end of my Unlocked GSM's warranty.

How do they expect to port the BB environment when they can't even get the Palm environment stable?

/wishes lemon laws in CA applies to things other than cars
    Why don't you buy the insurance? I wouldn't buy a $500+ phone without it personally...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    How much does out-of-warranty repair cost? Might be cheaper than a new phone.
    You can get another phone (refurb most likely) for $75.00 plus a contract renewal....
    Cingular supposedly won't insure 650s anymore, GFM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Cingular supposedly won't insure 650s anymore, GFM.
    Wow - are you serious?
    Global Posts
    328 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mtsu_av8er
    Wow - are you serious?
    Yes, it's true. Cingular does not provide equipment protection for the Treo, or for any smart phones for that matter (including Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Nokia's and so on.)
    Although this does not relate to Cingular, a Sprint store will swap out a malfunctioning SPCS T650 for $35 out-of-warranty. Not bad, but requires you are on a SprintPCS service.

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
    as I, and others, have poointed out, a "personal articles" policy from your regular insurance company is going to be cheaper. check it out before going with provider insurance.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
  10. jsr
    Was the phone paid for on a credit card? Many credit cards have a buyers assurance plan where they automatically add an additional year to the factory warranty.

I bought a 600 on my American Express a couple of years ago. Just my luck, the thing died about a month out of warranty. AMEX refunded my $500 and I used it to buy a new 650.
    Go with a personal articles policy. Mine costs $34 a year with no deductible. I also insured it at the cost of replacing a unlocked Treo so I am covered in the worst case scenario from a financial perspective. Also feeling your pain on the multiple replacements. I went through "15" refurbs before I freaked out on the Cingular rep and they sent me a brand new Treo 650 in the box. All is well now ( I am knocking wood as I write that statement! )