Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Do most of you use screen protectors?
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    It's kind of like playing Russian Roulette if you don't. Boxwave has some new ones out that are so clear, it's hard to tell that you have one on. Also helps with resell because the screen looks like new with no scratches.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Do you have that website for the screen protectors?
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw
    Do you have that website for the screen protectors?
    Google is your friend.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Boxwave
    The really great thing about these is that they are reusable and washable. I had one for my 650 that I used for the whole year I had it.
    Hi,

I use the Belkin ones.
    Not reusable, toss after 2 months on a PDA.
    Come with grid on the peel off back so you get accurate cuts to fit.
    Can make about 30 from one package. They are not super clear but they add a better surface for the stylus. YMMV.

They sell them a Best Buy (sic? - DVDs on Tuesdays and the screen savers only).

tech
    Quote Originally Posted by davidlw
    Do most of you use screen protectors?
    I bought the ones from this website that cling via static. They seem to work pretty well. The oem one was the clearest, but it's hard to get on cleanly, imo.
    I bought a pack of screen protector material from Best Buy for about 6 bucks a couple of years ago. You cut them yourself and stick them on the screen. Easy to apply, easy to replace. My screens stay perfect.
    I use either BoxWave or PocketPCTechs screen protectors.
    How good are the BoxWave screen protectors? I want something that is crystal clear and that will not limit the screen visibility at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by treotexan
    How good are the BoxWave screen protectors? I want something that is crystal clear and that will not limit the screen visibility at all.
    BoxWave Crystal Clear fits the bill.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I got the Palm ones. Takes a day to totally settle. My reason is not to spend $10 on a piece of plastic screen cover that will likely scuff up when in my pocket or in my bag. I use a z-cover skin which is beatiful. With this setup I can toss away the old protector in 2-4 months and a 2 year supply costs no more than 1 Boxwave protector.
    Do protectors for the 650 fit perfectly for the 700w?
    Quote Originally Posted by cornflakes
    Do protectors for the 650 fit perfectly for the 700w?
    ...i doubt it fits since 650 is 320 x 320 and 700w is 240 x 240
    Yes they fit. The screen dimensions of the 650 and 700w are the same. The resolution of the 650 is higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by HemiGun
    BoxWave Crystal Clear fits the bill.
    Use them, love them, they are cyrstal clear.

700W and 650 screens are the same size, the pixel difference just gives the 650 a sharper display.

Cheers, Perry.
    you'd be foolish not to use a screen protector. after all the $$ invested in the device, the last thing you want is a friggin scratch on the screen.
    I have only used boxwave, and it does the job nicely. xfered mine fom the 650 to the 700 no problem.
    I use the anti-glare version, but thinking of getting a crystal clear just to see how it is in comparison.
    I use boxwaves, they're great and I cant even tell I have a screen protector on. Altough the application is confusing and I wasted 2 of the 3 screen protectors I ordered getting it right.
    several regular phones -> sidekick 2 -> treo 650 -> hopefully 700p
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Boxwave crystal clear is the tops. Almost like not having one on the screen they are so clear. Last long time, easy to put on and take off, and you can clean for reuse.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tcens
    I use boxwaves, they're great and I cant even tell I have a screen protector on. Altough the application is confusing and I wasted 2 of the 3 screen protectors I ordered getting it right.
    How did you manage to waste the protectors? If they don't go on right, you just peel it off and re-apply.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast