Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wondering the same...waste a reusable item?
    Global Posts
    879 Global Posts
    I damaged mine too...have something on it that i cant wash off... the scotch tape it comes with i accidentally put on the stick side for a few days and now there is a permanent imprint no matter how hard I try to clean it.

In addition to that I did not like using it since it did not stop lint from getting in the corners and crevices.... I am now using the palm version stretched from side to side of the device above the screen...not a good solution for other I would imagine but it works for me as i don't ever have the need to use the stylus and if i did it is easily removable and reusable (as long as i don't touch the sticky side).
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I've been using regular old packing tape since my M100 made a little plastic templet and have never had a lent problem, or a resado(sp?) issue.

Man I'm cheap.
    Nik<hr>M100 --->M125 --->M500 --->Treo300 --->Sprint-Treo600 --->Sprint-Treo650
    <hr>
    Rom 8:31 <'><
    <marquee bgcolor=red width=150 height=5>
    1 in 150 babies born today will have some form of Autism
    </marquee>
    Unlocking Autism Mission Trips to Honduras My Space
    I am looking to buy the Boxwave but don't see in the TC store. Am I missing something?
    If you want the best... Try NuShield
    Quote Originally Posted by jules3
    I am looking to buy the Boxwave but don't see in the TC store. Am I missing something?
    http://www.boxwave.com

Search for screen protectors(crystal clear or anti-glare) for your device model.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I mentioned this before, but I make my own from thermal transparency paper (available at office supply places). They end up costing pennies.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treotexan
    How good are the BoxWave screen protectors? I want something that is crystal clear and that will not limit the screen visibility at all.
    IMO, BoxWave's screen protectors are the best there are. They're called "ClearTouch" They come in two flavors. One is crystal clear, the other has a slightly matte surface. Both are a perfect fit, easy to install, come with a little card to smooth out any bubbles, and little soft cloth to clean your screen with before applying. Still, it's a good idea to keep a can of "Dust Off" handy and give the screen a going over with a couple blasts of compressed air before applying a screen protector to keep ambient dust from getting sandwiched on there.

They're not the least expensive out there but I've never seen any better. The Clear Touch anti-glare, with the non-reflective surface has been on my 650 for months. I've never had to replace it. I like the semi-matte surface, since the stylus gets a better "bite" on it, and neither style cuts down on screen clarity, colors, or brightness. Just a quality product. And no one slipped me any money under the table to say that.

The one that Palm throws in the Treo's box that you have to scissor around a black line to get the proper fit for your screen size is, in my opinion, crap. It's extremely thin, cheap, it looks horrible, it attracts fingerprints and stylus marks, and it's only a temporary solution until you buy something better

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Use them, love them, they are cyrstal clear.

700W and 650 screens are the same size, the pixel difference just gives the 650 a sharper display.

Cheers, Perry.
    Measure them, and you'll find the 700w's screen is a tiny bit bigger than the 650's. But its resolution (240x240 vs 360x360) is lower. But you already knew that.

Harv
    Do NOT send email to harv at treocentral dot com - it will never reach me.. forwarding from that address to my real address was hijacked in early 2008, and I can't fix it.. send me a private message instead or email me directly at my RR address..
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12