1.    #1  
    For the first time ever I had a crash from KBLightsOff and this was my first crash since updating to 1.20. "Preferences.c,Line:263,Pref DB Open Error".
    Anyone else seen this?
    KBLO is the only program that hasn't crashed since I upgraded. This is getting really old.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    KBLO is not needed is it? I turn the phone off and on and away go my keyboard lights. Adjust the brightness and it comes back.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    KBLO is not needed is it? I turn the phone off and on and away go my keyboard lights. Adjust the brightness and it comes back.
    The point of KB is to be able to turn your keyboard lights on or off when your screen is on.....so for some yes it is needed though I'd say less so now that the keybpard dims with the screen.
    What I meant to say was that I press the "red" phone button rapidly twice, which turns the screen off and on... and also turns off the keyboard lights.

To turn the keboard lights on, I just adjust the brighness or turn the screen off and on slowly.

I am guessing this is not common knowledge or that it does not work on most treos. I think it works much better than installing a separate program.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    Since, v1.2 about every 6-12 hours I get the same DB Open Error.. I don't run KBLO ... but do KeyShades, KeyCap, ClipPro. I never had this issue before. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    For the first time ever I had a crash from KBLightsOff and this was my first crash since updating to 1.20. "Preferences.c,Line:263,Pref DB Open Error".
    Anyone else seen this?
    I've seen a post that said the way to solve KBLO issues after the update was to use Resco Locker and lock it.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    I've seen a post that said the way to solve KBLO issues after the update was to use Resco Locker and lock it.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=105163

...especially post 11

My Treo's been reset-free since locking the apps I mentioned (with the exception of one crash when playing with Opera Mini, which the developers acknowledge as unstable).
    Quote Originally Posted by nonobeez
    What I meant to say was that I press the "red" phone button rapidly twice, which turns the screen off and on... and also turns off the keyboard lights.

To turn the keboard lights on, I just adjust the brighness or turn the screen off and on slowly.

I am guessing this is not common knowledge or that it does not work on most treos. I think it works much better than installing a separate program.
    Mine certainly does not work that way, no matter how rapidly I press the red button. It is the same as pressing the button twice. The Treo clock rate is too fast for me :-)

I use KeyshadesLight to turn off/on the keyboard lights as needed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  10.    #10  
    Since locking it with RL it hasn't crashed again. Now it resets itself whilst just laying there.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalEarth
    Since locking it with RL it hasn't crashed again. Now it resets itself whilst just laying there.
    No error report associated with the reset?