Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    I was traveling last week and had my laptop bag stolen. Long story short, my laptop and Treo were stolen, but security found my Treo minus it's SD card about 10 minutes after. I'm assuming my laptop won't be recovered but of course, I always sync'd to that laptop. My backup for the Treo was on the missing SD card. I now have a replacement laptop and would like to sync my Treo back to this new laptop.

So, I assume to do so I would take the Treo cd, load it on the laptop, sync the Treo to the laptop, create my id as it is on the Treo, select "have handheld overwrite PC" or something like that and I'm set, correct? I obviously don't want to lose anything on the Treo since it's my only copy of my data.

Do I have the steps correct? Thoughts, hints, or suggestions?

Thanks ahead of time...
    Last edited by dlai; 01/24/2006 at 07:13 PM.
    You've pretty much answered your own question.

You won't really have to create an ID, since it should either do it automatically, or ask if you want to "sync with..."
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    211 Global Posts
    Thanks. I just wanted to make sure I'm doing this the right way so I don't screw up and erase my data...