1.    #1  
    When talking to others I sometimes cannot understand them especially if they have too deep of a voice.. it sounds muffled.... Whether I use speaker, bluetooth or handsfree... same thing..

I have had other phones that would siply give the voice a few diff equalized options.. one being "Bright" no bass...

This cannot be that hard for the Treo... Volumecare IS NOT what I need.. the volume is fine.

Only happens on some callers and not all...
    Quote Originally Posted by blackvette
    When talking to others I sometimes cannot understand them especially if they have too deep of a voice.. it sounds muffled.... Whether I use speaker, bluetooth or handsfree... same thing..

I have had other phones that would siply give the voice a few diff equalized options.. one being "Bright" no bass...

This cannot be that hard for the Treo... Volumecare IS NOT what I need.. the volume is fine.

Only happens on some callers and not all...
    The way the radio and Palm are integrated makes it nearly impossible to put a "filter" between the radio and the output speaker. I have looked into this option already. That is why VolumeCare does not have this option in the application today. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Jeff
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The way the radio and Palm are integrated makes it nearly impossible to put a "filter" between the radio and the output speaker. I have looked into this option already. That is why VolumeCare does not have this option in the application today. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ilies/wink.gif

Jeff

So with the tight integration...do you think it's possible for Palm to come up with a new firmware eventually that would have this? I mean supposedly the the latest CNG was supposed to have Voice Quality "IMPROVEMENTS" I noticed nothing...

ALso I bet I could do a cheap fix. But I'd have to use the wired earphone to do it... Simply adding small capacitor to the speaker will cause it to "crossover" at a much higher frequency thus cutting out the bass..

It would most likely need to be embedded into a little adapter jack.. make on one side and female on the other...

Better yet!!!!! a variable capacitor so it can be adjusted at any time.....