CNG ATTWS Treo650
  3.    #3  
    Did I say Cingular 1.13a??
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    You mean I got excited for that??????
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    Did I say Cingular 1.13a??
    No. Just thought that you might know something/everything ...

Cheers
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    I hope this isnt the major update everyone has been talking about. it not really much of an update from the looks of it.

New with version 1.13:

Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of emergency response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smartphone
    Improves memory handling when using background applications such as GoodLink
    Updates bundled third-party software (Windows only): If any of these bundled applications are on your smartphone, the installer will replace them with versions compatible with the Treo 650 Update.

Documents To Go version 7.0.0.5 (www.dataviz.com)
    Handmark Pocket Express version 1.3 r1254 (www.handmark.com)
    Zap!2016 version 1059 (www.astraware.com)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    This should probably be in the CDMA forum...

I've got it, but haven't installed it.

What is the Treo 650 Updater 1.13 for Sprint PCS?

New with version 1.13:

* Integrates the Treo 650 E911 Updater to improve the ability of emergency response personnel to locate users who dial 911 from the Treo 650 smartphone
    * Improves memory handling when using background applications such as GoodLink

Updates bundled third-party software (Windows only): If any of these bundled applications are on your smartphone, the installer will replace them with versions compatible with the Treo 650 Update.

* Documents To Go version 7.0.0.5 (www.dataviz.com)
    * Handmark Pocket Express version 1.3 r1254 (www.handmark.com)
    * Zap!2016 version 1059 (www.astraware.com)
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Damn, Franko beat me to it.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Damn, Franko beat me to it.

Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    DIRECT LINK:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

I'm sorry, but I am happy with how my Treo is working and I do not use GoodLink, so I may just pass on this one. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/24/2006 at 06:28 PM.
    Wow, how disappointing is this as an update....
    Exactly. Unless the memory manager does something incredible (I'm assuming it should work with Chatter as well, but what exactly?) it doesn't seem like its worth the effort for me to strip out all the shovel crap like Versafail and Real.

For those in a hurry, here's the direct link to download:
    http://palmone.r3h.net/downloads.pal...1_13a_SPNT.zip
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Maybe Palm put this out so GSM'rs can't complain about not getting the good stuff. BT headset support is much better with 1.20, at least from one of my coworker's experience. Hey Palm! You blow!
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This should probably be in the CDMA forum...

I've got it, but haven't installed it.
    That would start up the anti-cdma thread again...
    the gsm update is in this forum...
    but yes it is a minor update....seems it didn't mention versamail surprisingly
    what version of versamail is out for sprint right now?
    3.1B
    That would start up the anti-cdma thread again...
    the gsm update is in this forum...
    I know, I hear ya.
    Even though it says point blank on the forum description:
    CDMA-US (8 Viewing)
    Sprint and Verizon carrier and firmware update discussion
    (GSM has the same description as well,) sometimes it goes there, sometimes not. Who are we to question why the Powers That Be leave some things, and move some things...
    but yes it is a minor update....seems it didn't mention versamail surprisingly
    what version of versamail is out for sprint right now?
    I have no idea. I don't use it. What I meant was I use custom ROMS, with all that stuff removed. And the benefits of this update don't seem like it's worth the trouble of customizing this version.
    Last edited by Insertion; 01/24/2006 at 06:54 PM.

Am with Perry If it isnt broke..............and doesnt give me EVDO then you can keep it.
    I use Chatteremail and sometimes there seems to be memory problems while running Chatter in the background. It is like suddenly you get a white screen and nothing comes up for a while or it just stays like that. The best person to ask will be Marc Blanc the creator of ChatterEmail. Anything on this Marc?

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I use Chatteremail and sometimes there seems to be memory problems while running Chatter in the background. It is like suddenly you get a white screen and nothing comes up for a while or it just stays like that. The best person to ask will be Marc Blanc the creator of ChatterEmail. Anything on this Marc?

Al
    I've been pretty lucky I guess, I've never had any problems with Chatter. But it would be interesting to know what exactly this improved memory management does.

I love vague descriptions!

Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast