Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    I am going to apologize for second time and share how I fixed my Treo. I luckly had a BT adaptor on my PC to I sent the SD card driver (MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc)
    to my Treo via BT. I had to do a reset, but after that everything was back to normal.

Thanks a lot guys,

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 02/08/2006 at 01:24 PM.
    remember to create another custom rom with that file included, otherwise a hard reset will send you back to square one.
    Treoing & Loving it
    I'm looking for the PDF file that listed those files you could remove safely from the ROM folder. I did a search and can't find it. Anybody got a copy? Thanks in advance.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Nevermind. I just found it on Shadowmite's forum..... I'll look harder next time before asking, promise!
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    If you install the new ROM then install the Sprint overlay, does it go back to the old logo?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    If you install the new ROM then install the Sprint overlay, does it go back to the old logo?
    Yes
    Anyone have an issue with battery drain? My battery went from 100% to 15% from 7:30am to 6:00pm yesterday. Made two 5 minute phone calls, received ~ 4 emails (Chatter) and used Datebk6 for ~ 5 cumulative minutes. This is the fastest my phone has ever drained.

Strangely, this happened the day after 1.13a. I'm suspicious, to say the least.
    FWIW I did the update without (much) issue. Didn't help with my VersaMail crashes, which I have now isolated to just (resetting) when trying to delete email on the Treo itself. (The VersaMail Hotsync conduit is able to delete the very same email without a problem.)

Although it does appear that Java is not restored, I only use it with two apps: KMaps and Opera Mini. In both of those cases I had previously moved all of the Java files from RAM to the specific app directory on SD. So far KMaps works fine without needing to reinstall any of Java.

I can't get a good test of Opera Mini--which I'm about to dump anyway--as I just installed, what I assumed was, a newer version. Apparently I downloaded the other version OTA--and no longer have it. The version I have now, at least when run from SD, always insists on checking my 'Net connection before proceeding--only to take me to a time-consuming EULA agreement screen. By the time I get through with all of that Blazer would have been just as fast (I would assume Opera Mini wouldn't do this if installed in RAM).

Back on topic, the 1.13A update also left me with the E911 updater (I had already installed it, with no traces left behind). I ran it, then deleted the updater when it finished. If we're supposed to leave that E911 updater in RAM I'd appreciate it if someone would let me know.

All in all I don't see much difference. Well, except for the yellow splash screen, which now clashes with my red silk-screened Sprint logo. You would think they'd send us something to cover that up!

--
    Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Yes
    aww man... i kinda like the new logo
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick
    Anyone have an issue with battery drain? My battery went from 100% to 15% from 7:30am to 6:00pm yesterday. Made two 5 minute phone calls, received ~ 4 emails (Chatter) and used Datebk6 for ~ 5 cumulative minutes. This is the fastest my phone has ever drained.

I've noticed this too. I thought it was Chatter, which I also reinstalled yesterday, but it might be the ROM update...
    Quote Originally Posted by ericshmerick

Just curious, did you make sure you had a full battery charge when you started the update process? I think the update recalibrates the battery setting.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Just curious, did you make sure you had a full battery charge when you started the update process? I think the update recalibrates the battery setting.
    I know I did.
    looks like it reinstalled it on its own anyway. Do I need to do the E911 update? I accidentally deleted it.
    My first inclination was if it's not broke, don't mess with it. But I ignored my own advice and decided to upgrade, since I use the Goodlink software. I went through the steps, creating a new user name temporarily, downloading and running the updater, which loaded the update in my ROM (which I verified), inserted my SD card back in and restored my Good software and connections, and finally went to hotsync again with my real user name, which has all my software, preferences, etc. After the hotsync, when it said reset, I pushed the button to reset, and then trouble--it went into an endless loop between the reset screen and the palm logo. Nothing would stop it. So I did another hard reset and started back over. Same result. Endless loop. Any suggestions? or am I going to have to start over with a new user name and reinstall all my software again!?!? HELP!!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Do you by chance have RLocker installed? I had this same problem and corrected it by doing a warm reset when prompted to reset, deleted RLock, soft reset and everything was fine. I think something was getting locked in that this update didn't like.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    No RLocker. I had a lot of programs on it, including ZLauncher, but no RLocker.
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    More emoticons? I have 16 now and had 16 before. How many do you have?
    Here is a copy of the ones I have before the update:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    These 16 match the 16 I have, AFTER the update. . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Those are the 16 I had before as well as after the update. What don't you have now?
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Yes, I made it a point to ensure my Treo was fully charged before beginning the update.