Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    The call log gets cleared?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey
    The call log gets cleared?

My call log did not clear - all calls that I've saved are still there.
    I updated my treo without any problems. Was fairly easy. Just follow palms instructions.

Only changes that Ive noticed were:

new spalsh screen
    cleared up some memory
    more emoticons in sms

also when I restored, for some reason it didnt seem to put back on java. guess I will just have to install that again.
    No memory gain for me the only difference I have noticed is the yellow splash screens. I did take rlocker and dbcache off and it seems to be running okay without them. I used to have constant resets if I wasn't running rlocker and dbcache. I really think Palm missed the boat by not adding blazer 4.3 to the update.
    Here are the raw ROM files thanks to SailRace!

Sprint 1.13a Raw ROM Files
    Quote Originally Posted by myblackz28
    I updated my treo without any problems. Was fairly easy. Just follow palms instructions.

Only changes that Ive noticed were:

new spalsh screen
    cleared up some memory
    more emoticons in sms

also when I restored, for some reason it didnt seem to put back on java. guess I will just have to install that again.
    More emoticons? I have 16 now and had 16 before. How many do you have?
    I have noticed that JAVA will never restore from a hotsync backup. I don't know why, it just won't. So anytime you do a hard reset, you need to reinstall the JAVA files. I discovered this after KMAPS stopped working after I installed a custom ROM. I though i'd gained 1.5 megs, but it was only because i needed to reinstall JAVA. After the reinstall, i'm back where i started. But i've got my Custom 1.13a ROM, so i guess i'm happy.
    Anyone get the feeling that Sprint was forcing Palm to issue an update, any update, just so they could get the new yellow splash screen out there to more people?
    i don't think so, i know i will get slammed but i think that the sound quality is improved in this update.
    I will not let go of VC though
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I read that this is not a major update. While building a 1.13a Custom ROM I noticed that the files in 1.12 had a modification date of 6/7/2005 and 1.13a had a modification date of 9/29/2005 or three month newer files. I do not know if the modification date is signifant. I also discovered exactly the same files are in both versions. Form this I must agree with all of you this is not a significant update.

I think this is a marking release to change the sign on Logo to new corporate Logo. I have never had any DBCache problems on 1.12a. I have installed standard 1.13a followed by my new Custom ROM. So far no problems!
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb
    More emoticons? I have 16 now and had 16 before. How many do you have?
    I have 16. I thought I noticed some new ones that I havent seen before. Maybe im seeing things? I dunno.
    Quote Originally Posted by jquinn14
    Figured out the goodlink restor problem. Palm instructions are incorporate. You need to put the SD card back in just after the hard reset and before the hotsych with your user name.
    Has anyone else done the update with the Goodlink restoration other than jquinn14? The palm instructions say after you have installed the updater, then to restore the Goodlink data you 1st do a hard reset, 2nd sync with your regular user name, 3rd insert the memory card, and 4th the Goodlink info will be restored automatically from the memory card. jquinn14 said to reverse 2 and 3, thus inserting the memory card after the hard reset and before the sync with your regular user name. Anyone else done this that agrees with jquinn14? I'm not disputing it worked for jquinn14, but wanted to check with others before I reversed the steps. Thanks in advance!

Raleigh1208
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone``
    Here are the raw ROM files thanks to SailRace!

Sprint 1.13a Raw ROM Files

WTF??? I just used these two files to create a custome ROM and now my Treo can't see the SD card. This is not the first time I do a custome ROM. What a waste of time.... Now I have to get a replacement Moderator please ban this Stone.

Al
    Anybody knows a way to fix the SD card drivers? which files should I get or anything?

Thanks,

Al
    Just download the official, non-customized firmware from Palm's site and update your Treo with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    This should probably be in the CDMA forum...

I agree... will move eventually imo...

Regarding, the update... I just did the rom update and so far no major issues. Don't use Goodlink but went ahead and did it b/c perhaps would help with backround chatter sync etc. Anyway here are my impressions:

Sync went well enough, though it did NOT restore my app registrations! Fortunatey, I was able to quickly and easier fix this by restoring my saved prefs and unsaved prefs files via backupman, so no really big isues there. Also, I had to reinstall the java plugin, which also was expected since the restore feature does not support that either. Finally, if you had any patches like the Sprint record overlay patch etc, you will have to reinstall that as well....

When it was all done, I got about extra 200K or so of increased space. Although, I'm not certain whether this was due somehow to the new firmware or b/c I lost (got rid) of extra junk in my ram due to the restore...who knows. Chatter backround sync seems fine, however I never really had a problem before. Overall, the update went fine, but really haven't seen any major improvements that are noticeable which is ok imo since the 1.2 update released last year was the main update anyway...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    WTF??? I just used these two files to create a custome ROM and now my Treo can't see the SD card. This is not the first time I do a custome ROM. What a waste of time.... Now I have to get a replacement Moderator please ban this Stone.

Al
    They worked perfectly for me. Just do the Palm official update if you don't know how to make a custom ROM.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

Al
    When making a custom ROM and you want to remove VersaMail be carefull that you do not remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc it is not VersaMail module but a SD card module. I agree, just do standard 1.13a upgrade and the rom should be restored. Please apologize to Stone for your mistake.

Al

Hey man, i'm sorry you're having issues, but those files work perfectly. I created them, used them (to make 3 versions of custom ROMs until i was happy) and then shared them with Stone. There is nothing wrong with the files posted. If you screwed somethign up by deleting something or removing a file, its hardly his fault, and to come in and make such a blatant accusation of a fellow member that is just flat out wrong is, in my opinion, inexcusable. It may not be the first time you've done a custom ROM, but that doesn't mean you're infallable.

And as others have stated, just download the update from sprint and start over, you'll be fine....next time be more careful with what you remove. Its always convenient to blame someone else for user error...but sometimes its best to look in a mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by resturg
    When making a custom ROM and you want to remove VersaMail be carefull that you do not remove MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc it is not VersaMail module but a SD card module. I agree, just do standard 1.13a upgrade and the rom should be restored. Please apologize to Stone for your mistake.

"The biggest Jerk Post is????" The 1000th post.... Ta da...... Man... I apologize for that. I messed up my ROM deleting the stupid MMCBulverdeIntelDrv_Device.prc.

Doesn't this post go with my avatar? OK... I'm losing it... back to fixing my Treo.

Al
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast