Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Can anyone who has done the update comment on whether entering passwords in Blazer gives you **** instead of the password text?
    I have. It does not. Still on Blazer 4.0. What a waste.
    I did the upate as well. Everything went smooth. Not a good link user but a verichat user. I used to get a reset every once in a while from using verichat. Not a big deal, but hopefully this update will slove that problem.
    Figured out the goodlink restor problem. Palm instructions are incorporate. You need to put the SD card back in just after the hard reset and before the hotsych with your user name.
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by ssrjazz
    IsLNdbOi:

No. Just run this update. It includes all previous update fixes.

The reason we're talking about installing the 1.13a update first and then reinstalling a customized 1.13a over again is so that it shows the correct firmware / ROM version in the phone app..
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Any ideas? After the install is complete and it paerforms the hard reset, I can turn the phone on and I have the new splash screen. After I hotsync to my default profile, the old splash screen comes up and start to reset. Phone info show the right firmware but no PRL. Help......
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Anyone?????
    I'm guessing you had a custom overlay installed before which you are now restoring...delete it.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    The only thing custom I had was the splash screen from Shadomite. I deleted it, hardreset, and hs again which didn't help. Should I hardreset and try to run the update again with this splashscreen gone?
    what a waste of time downloaded the upgrade thinking that my not enough free db cache memory will disapear when i run tom tom and treo will be more stable does not seem to be the case. upgrade did go smooth with no hidden glitzes

Fred
    hmm, so far 1.13a has cured my

MemoryMgr.c
    Line: 2679
    chunk over-locked

errors every 10 minutes off-and-on. I know that error may resurface later after a firmware flash, but so far so good.
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Think I figured it out. It looks like Resco Locker and DBcache tool were causing the problem. Once they were deleted everything seems fine.
    Those that have said they gained 1 to 1.2mb after the update, I'm not the update had anything to do with that. The reason I say that is because I get that much when I simply do a hard reset and then restore my data from my SD card. I do that about once a month just help free up a little more memory.
    This is a big update... FOR palm. Considering the high probability that blackberry will shutdown they really need their hardware to play nice with Goodlink if they want to capitolize on all those lost souls looking for salvation.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    Those that have said they gained 1 to 1.2mb after the update, I'm not the update had anything to do with that. The reason I say that is because I get that much when I simply do a hard reset and then restore my data from my SD card. I do that about once a month just help free up a little more memory.
    I would agree with you. I get at least 1mb gain after I do a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    For those that have more free memory after the update, are you sure it's not just Blazer cache that's been emptied by the hard reset? Is is total free memory or total free cache or max contiguous free cache?
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    For those that have more free memory after the update, are you sure it's not just Blazer cache that's been emptied by the hard reset? Is is total free memory or total free cache or max contiguous free cache?
    and a clear call log?
    I guess this is OT, but is it possible to get the updated VersaMail from the GSM update and add it to a customized 1.13?
    I did the update this morning. I ran VersaMail and immediately got a soft reset. It said the reset was cuased by VersaMail - something about trailing records found after sync. It seems like a one-time thing for now though, and everything seems stable again.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000

You bring up a good point, As for blazer, my cache empties on exit, but it could have been any of those. I am going to tell myself it was the update so I won't think it was a waste of my morning to install and a worthless update.

But hey! If someone kidnaps me 911 can find me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I guess this is OT, but is it possible to get the updated VersaMail from the GSM update and add it to a customized 1.13?
    I fear it would be incompatible.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast