Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    I've never installed any update or custom ROM on my 650. So to get the new ROM showing the right version, I have to install it as is when downloaded from Palm, then install the custom ROM based off of it, over it?
    If this update is consistent with past updates, that is correct.
    Can anyone post the update files needed to make your own custom ROM? I don't want to mess up using the java tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Can anyone post the update files needed to make your own custom ROM? I don't want to mess up using the java tool.
    I don't have any way of hosting files, but if someone can host them, i'll email the complete 1.13a ROM file.
    I suspect the "memory fix" with Goodlink may be the dbCache memory fix we've all been waiting for, eliminating the need for Resco Locker and dbCacheTool. This would be huge since Good memory issues are directly attributed to lack of available dbCache. I am applying the update now and will verify what the current available dbCache is.
    I just installed it. I haven't played with it much, but it does seem a little clearer, if more quiet vocally. I don't use goodlink, so no help there. If I needed the 911 feature improved, I didn't know it. I find myself envious of the 1.20 update, but who knows... maybe that update included some of the updates we sprint users already have. Well, I know I don't have the Versamail 3f. Anyway, my 2 cents isn't worth more than that anyway... 2 cents.
    Last edited by GMSchiller; 01/25/2006 at 01:48 PM.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    after downloading this stupid update the damn phone keeps reseting
    Well, TomTom still wil not launch with Goodlink running. I will begin to use more apps and see if I can "clog up" the NVFS.
    yep.
    the funny thing is that this is the second phone that i had this ridiculous problem!!!!! i don't know what else i should do. im beginning to think that i have a corrupt file that messes up the whole phone can anyone help????
    Quote Originally Posted by BXPROPHET
    the funny thing is that this is the second phone that i had this ridiculous problem!!!!! i don't know what else i should do. im beginning to think that i have a corrupt file that messes up the whole phone can anyone help????
    Hard reset and follow these directions.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...4&postcount=46
    Quote Originally Posted by BXPROPHET
    after downloading this stupid update the damn phone keeps reseting
    I had the same problem.

Did the updater finalize. If it did, just before you see the Palm grey logo come up hold the up button on the 5-way navigator. That should temporarily stop the reboots. Go to the phone app and check to see if you have the 1.13 update.
    You probably do.

Do you have a backup on your SD card? If you do, you can do another hard reset, go to your SD card and perform a restore from your backup program on the SD card.

Worked for me. I always have a backup (pun intended) strategy in case the first updater method fails or reboots.

Let us know how it comes out.
    This might just be me, but I found that my docs to go and my voicedial were causing my resets the last time I updated to 1.12. I took them off this time and deleted them from my backup folder and had no troubles with the USELESS 1.13a update. I followed the directions in the support page to a letter though. then I simply reinstalled those 2 apps after the update.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    IsLNdbOi:

No. Just run this update. It includes all previous update fixes.
    I did the update. My free ram went up by 1.3 megs (14.7 before, 16.0 after). Otherwise, no noticable change. TomTom still gives me the occasional low cache memory error on startup which requires a reset to fix. Oh well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    DIRECT LINK:
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html

I'm sorry, but I am happy with how my Treo is working and I do not use GoodLink, so I may just pass on this one. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it.)

Cheers, Perry
    Well, I reconsidered. The update process went without a hitch.

While I do not use GoodLink, I do use HandMark Express and had been having a problem doing a full download of the data.(All Channels, 10 stories each, full stories) So I had to not choose a couple of channels to get updates to work.

So far, after this update to 1.13a, I can do the full download of all channels, all stories and full stories within HandMark Express again.

Still VersaMail 3.1B

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/25/2006 at 06:14 PM.
    Just did the update. Backed up the Goodlink info on SD card as instructed per Palm site. Updater went fine. Core data on Treo synch'd fine. Goodlink data not coming back...when I select the Good program (any module) I get a message "place in the cradle and run setup to personalize your handheld". Don't know what this means, but now I can't do anything. There is no "setup" program on my laptop or on the treo. The directions on the Palm site said that after hard reset and synching with the correct user name the Good software would automatically restore when I put the SD card back in. No dice. Any ides?
    J.
    Palm, Palm III, Palm Vx, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Treo 755p, and Palm Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Well, I reconsidered. The update process went without a hitch.

While I do not use GoodLink, I do use HandMark Express and had been having a problem doing a full download of the data.(All Channels, 10 stories each, full stories) So I had to not choose a couple of channels to get updates to work.

So far, after this update to 1.13a, I can do the full download of all channels, all stories and full stories within HandMark Express again.

Cheers, Perry
    Perry,
    Have you noticed any other benefits? Have you monitored the NVFS cache? I don't use GoodLink or Handmark Express, but I do have to periodically clear the cache with DBCache to prevent slowdowns.
    Zane
    I just did the update, went fine. I got almost 1 meg of memory, we all know that every bit helps with our Treo 650. I just need to find the custom rom tool so I can get rid of versamail and the other extras that were put back. It went very well.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Can anyone who has done the update comment on whether entering passwords in Blazer gives you **** instead of the password text?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmie Geddes
    I just did the update, went fine. I got almost 1 meg of memory, we all know that every bit helps with our Treo 650. I just need to find the custom rom tool so I can get rid of versamail and the other extras that were put back. It went very well.

Same here, got about 1.2 megs of memory back, I did lose some preferences in zlauncher and had to reinstall ptunes and powerrun but other than that I am not seeing a huge difference, I did get a reset a few minutes ago that wiped out the saved preferences so we will see what this update is really all about.
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    Perry,
    Have you noticed any other benefits? Have you monitored the NVFS cache? I don't use GoodLink or Handmark Express, but I do have to periodically clear the cache with DBCache to prevent slowdowns.
    Zane

Not sure what this will tell you, but after updating Handmark Express and browsing TreoCentral here is what Memory Info says:

NVFS CACHE
    Total -- 11,711kb
    Free -- 6,294kb
    Largest free chunk -- 3,711kb

Cheers, Perry
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast