Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I'm not sure I am comfortable with the process they want. I have always done a backup/restore via SD card. They are saying not to do that with this update. In the past there seemed to be more problems for those that used the hotsync method to backup/restore.
    What a joke. Is this the 'major update' that was rumored a few days ago?
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    The part that stinks is that if you don't do this update and then take you phone into a sprint store for any issues, they tell you until you do the latest upgrade, they will not be able to correctly identify the problem. What a joke. They pulled that on me with the 911 update so I did the upgrade over the air and showed them the problem did not go away.
    I noticed when you do this upgrade it takes your PRL back to 10029 instead of 10030 which is the latest for Sprint. On hold with Sprint right now trying to get my account flagged for a PRL update.

I had PRL 10030 before this software upgrade.

Just had the Sprint CSR flag my account and updated my Treo 650 to 10030 again. Had to wait on hold for 15 mins.
    Last edited by mogulman; 01/24/2006 at 08:04 PM.
    What a crap update. What about all the improvements that the GSM update had? I need the new Versamail with the Gmail support and I'd like all the other updates that came in the GSM update:

Improved memory handling for opening larger web pages
    Optimized Bluetooth performance and added support for additional headset or carkits*
    Improved voice quality
    Improved device performance for heavy data usage such as email or web downloads.
    Includes Versamail 3.1E, the latest version for the Treo 650 smartphone including an updated Mail Service (ISP) list which includes Gmail support
    Added support for Gmail attachment downloads via web browser
    Improved performance and increased stability with third-party email solutions that are offered directly from carrier partners
    Added support for wired carkits
    Updated carrier settings for data connections and MMS or when roaming internationally
    Masked password entry in browser to increase privacy
    Improved customizable voice or sound recordings for specific callers
    what a gyp
    As a GoodLink user, I'll definitely be doing the update just to get the new cache manager. From the early 1.20 GSM reports, it's vastly improved.

GL keeps it's 6.5M "Outlook Exchange .pst" equivalent in cache, so after init, max contiguous cache is down to <1MB with the other apps I've got installed. That usually means I can't run much of anything else (incl Blazer) without getting "out of memory" errors since the 1.12 cache manager was imo pretty worthless. I've worked around the problems with dbCacheTool and then Resco Locker and PrefsDoctor to prevent the "lost prefs reset" side effect, but a proper cache manager would allow me to ditch most/all of that.

I'd like the other 1.20 updates as well but can probably live without them since the 700P is just around the corner
    Hi, I wonder if this will help stop all the resets that sprint 650's tend to have??? Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Hi, I wonder if this will help stop all the resets that sprint 650's tend to have???
    That's a sweeping generalization. I have a new Treo 650 with 1.12a on it and it runs flawlessly. don't get me wrong, I know the early ones had problems, but I'm not sure it's a "sprint treo" thing.

Having said that...yeah, this 'update' is kind of lame.
    I use TomTom and Goodlink and always have to soft reset after opening Goodlink in order to launch TomTom. DBCacheTool will clear out enough for me to start Blazer when I get the memory errors, but it never can clear enough contiguous memory for TomTom. Can't wait to see if those problems go away.
    yep.
    When will they come out with an update to stop ridiculous posts?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    When will they come out with an update to stop ridiculous posts?
    I heard that's coming in version 938398282933292.78c, which is also rumored to cure the dreaded snowflake phenomenon.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Unbelievable! I guess Palm and Sprint really don't follow these forums. I mean who cares about Goodlink etc.. I don't see countless posts complaing about issues with 911 or Goodlink. That GSM updater was way better it actually adressed real problems. Well, I guess GSM users feel even now since they got jipped a while back.
    True, but it's important for users of GoodLink, TomTom, and other memory intensive apps. As dutchtrumpet posted on another thread, remember that the 1.12a update had at least some of the updates for 6 months before the 1.20 GSM release came out, so the 1.20 update may be just *appear* larger than the 1.13 Sprint update.

Still, If the 1.13 version doesn't contain everything the 1.20 version did, that would be stupid. Palm's release docs have never been very informative, so we won't know until people install it and find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I mean who cares about Goodlink etc..
    Ummm. if I could be so bold....

Maybe, Goodlink users?

Folks, c'mon, it's such a minor update it's labeled with a .00A for cryin' out loud, what did you expect?
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59
    I'm not sure I am comfortable with the process they want. I have always done a backup/restore via SD card. They are saying not to do that with this update. In the past there seemed to be more problems for those that used the hotsync method to backup/restore.
    I agree. When I updated to 1.12, tried the HotSync method for restoring my Treo back to normal and it got stuck in an endless reboot cycle. Fortunately BackupMan got things squared away in a jiffy.

I'm still not sure whether I will be doing this update or not. Although my Treo seems to be slightly less stable than it was on 1.12 than on the prior ROM release. Not a chronic issue but do have an occassional reset when receiving calls ... had considerably more issues on 1.12 when I had the security settings set to require a password after inactive for 4hrs. I had to turn off the security feature requiring password > 4hrs due to the instability that caused.
    Palm Pro -> Palm IIIx -> HandSpring Visor Deluxe -> HandSpring Visor Prism -> Tapwave Zodiac 2 (don't use much) | Treo 650 | Palm LifeDrive (returned)
    Did anyone try it yet is it more then they claim anyone have any problems with the update

Fred
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Eww eww eww eww!!! It's got the new SprinTel construction yellow splash screen on it now!!!.. GET IT OFF!!!!!

*ack*

*goes to look for that thread on making your own splash screens*
    man, all that wait for nothing
    Anybody knows how to make a custome ROM from the new update? It is an exe file which load lots of files under the Install folder? My Treo has a custome ROM that I created using shadowmites tool and I'm not willing to give it up.

Help,

Al
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast