Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 235
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    My only gripe with the 1.13a update is they effectively DOWNGRADE all phones prl's to 10029 if you had 10030... Very bad move palm, you're smarter than this...
    Yep. I had to call *2 to have Sprint resend the latest PRL to my phone. Lame.
  2. #182  
    I should have went with my intuition and not updated to 1.13a. For the life of me, I can't figure out why my DTG wouldn't synch the files. I've completely removed the program from both Treo and PC, and reinstalled the latest version 7.0006. But it didn't solve the problem.
    Am I the only one having this insane problem or was this issue already covered somewhere?
  3. #183  
    DTG has a 12 step program to solve the issue -- I will try find the threads . . . .

    This is one thread: (read the whole thread)

    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...2&page=1&pp=20
  4. #184  
    Thanks Perry.
    Are you referring to DXTG Tech Tool? I have it, and used it. But no go. May be I'll give it a shot again tomorrow. I've already spent a great deal of time today at work.
  5. #185  
    Hot Sync Issues
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13623&pid=2000
    (The 12 Step Program I mentioned -- a very long and involved fix.)

    Reset Issues
    http://support.dataviz.com/support.s...13568&pid=2000
    Last edited by gtwo; 02/02/2006 at 06:04 AM.
  6. #186  
    Thanks again Perry.

    I went through the 12 steps described in the Dataviz site. It took good 2+ hours to fix and clean up everything. But at the end, I got DTG to work again. What a f!@#? nightmare!

    A word of advise for those of you thinking of upgrade, don't fix it if it ain't broke.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    My only gripe with the 1.13a update is they effectively DOWNGRADE all phones prl's to 10029 if you had 10030... Very bad move palm, you're smarter than this...
    And it takes you 2 minutes to get 10030 back after the update. Big deal.
  8. #188  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    And it takes you 2 minutes to get 10030 back after the update. Big deal.
    The "big deal" is the fact that palm in all their infinite wisdom didn't:

    A) Use the newest prl which has been out for months.
    B) Didn't make a "if (existing_prl < 10029) do" clause...

    I think I of all people can make this judgement on them, if you disagree, do whatever you like.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    And it takes you 2 minutes to get 10030 back after the update. Big deal.
    Details...details..details. The difference between mediocre and high quality.
  10. #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by bestoverall
    Thanks again Perry.

    I went through the 12 steps described in the Dataviz site. It took good 2+ hours to fix and clean up everything. But at the end, I got DTG to work again. What a f!@#? nightmare!

    A word of advise for those of you thinking of upgrade, don't fix it if it ain't broke.

    Not to be a bearer of doom and gloom (for we all know how out of character that would be for me) but I did read in another thread that if you get a phone call on your Treo, while you are using DTG to view or edit a document, you will get a freeze and then a corruption that might require the 12 step process to fix. I have never had a phone call at such a moment -- so I cannot confirm the issue -- or if it was just one person's frustration and tirade.

    So, just be advised. (I'm certainly not going to test the theory.)

    BTW -- my upgrade to 1.13a went without a hitch and did not cause a problem with DTG. (Lucky dog that I am.)

    Cheers, Perry.
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmite
    The "big deal" is the fact that palm in all their infinite wisdom didn't:

    A) Use the newest prl which has been out for months.
    B) Didn't make a "if (existing_prl < 10029) do" clause...

    I think I of all people can make this judgement on them, if you disagree, do whatever you like.
    10030 hasn't been out for months. It was released less than one month ago.
  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Not to be a bearer of doom and gloom (for we all know how out of character that would be for me) but I did read in another thread that if you get a phone call on your Treo, while you are using DTG to view or edit a document, you will get a freeze and then a corruption that might require the 12 step process to fix. I have never had a phone call at such a moment -- so I cannot confirm the issue -- or if it was just one person's frustration and tirade.

    So, just be advised. (I'm certainly not going to test the theory.)

    BTW -- my upgrade to 1.13a went without a hitch and did not cause a problem with DTG. (Lucky dog that I am.)

    Cheers, Perry.
    Don't need to test - that exact thing happened to me Saturday and I haven't been able to open .doc or .xls since (pics are ok). Time for my first step on the program.

    Perry - how are you hangin' on your 700P program I'm with you all the way bro' but am needing some time at EastTown Saloon or Beltline Bar if they are still there in GR.
  13. #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Don't need to test - that exact thing happened to me Saturday and I haven't been able to open .doc or .xls since (pics are ok). Time for my first step on the program.

    Perry - how are you hangin' on your 700P program I'm with you all the way bro' but am needing some time at EastTown Saloon or Beltline Bar if they are still there in GR.
    Both are still here! Was at Beltline last night with the family. Split a wet burrito with the 13 year old.

    700P PROGRAM = my 2/22 announce and 3/22 for sale speculation is looking shaky, but April WILL put an end to this madness. There will be a 700P AND IT WILL BE HERE IN APRIL, and then we can all flood the forum with snowflake threads again!

    Cheers, Perry
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Both are still here! Was at Beltline last night with the family. Split a wet burrito with the 13 year old.
    Mmmmm...(whole) burrito...sangria...more sangria...become patient again.
  15. #195  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000
    Don't need to test - that exact thing happened to me Saturday and I haven't been able to open .doc or .xls since (pics are ok). Time for my first step on the program.

    Perry - how are you hangin' on your 700P program I'm with you all the way bro' but am needing some time at EastTown Saloon or Beltline Bar if they are still there in GR.

    I would imagine if you do not hotsync after such an occcurance -- any corruption would not migrate to the PC and not require the full exorcism, just a clean up of DTG on the Treo. . . . .
  16. alexstjo1's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    #196  
    I am having problems with 1.13a. My phone locks up and does not respond to buttons. I am going back to 1.12a. I hope.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I would imagine if you do not hotsync after such an occcurance -- any corruption would not migrate to the PC and not require the full exorcism, just a clean up of DTG on the Treo. . . . .
    I usually just run the tech tool to clean up memory since I keep the apps on the sd card. That doesn't seem to be enough this time, so I'll have to work a little harder. Haven't had a chance to work on it this week yet.
  18. #198  
    Am I the only one that's had random texting problems since the update?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  19. bwillet's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    #199  
    Ah, the Beltline Bar. Born and raised on the outskirts of GR. Can't get a wet burrito anywhere else outside of Michigan... I'm hungry now for Peppinos Pizza and a wet burrito!
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    10030 hasn't been out for months. It was released less than one month ago.
    Correct, it was released officially on 1/6 I guess. I was incorrect.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions