Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What does everyone use as a voice memo recorder on there treo?

I would primarily like somehting where I can press the side button to record/stop record and then play back easily...

thoughts?
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    SoundRec is GREAT and free
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM
    SoundRec is GREAT and free
    Agreed. I don't believe side button functionality is compatible w/ it, but it's very useful... and free!
    Dom
    Treo 650/Sprint PCS
    Marlton, NJ
    CallRec works as a memo recorder as well as recording calls.
  5.    #5  
    hey... thanks alot... CallRec looks to be what I am looking for... Free is better, but I like to be able to press the side button on the fly and record memo's as needed!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtalliance
    hey... thanks alot... CallRec looks to be what I am looking for... Free is better, but I like to be able to press the side button on the fly and record memo's as needed!

Thanks!
    Not free, but mVoice v4.2 can use the side-button (650) as an option. It can do both memo and call recording.

Aloha
    Convergence is so Cool!
    Old: Palm IIIc - VIIx, Sony Clie NX60, Motorola Startac,Clie TH55, Treo 600
    New: Treo 650, wow!
    My vote is for m voice side button works great

Fred
    mVoice is now able to record phone calls too...pretty cool and sneaky! Also has ability to send a recording as a .wav file email attachment...even more cool!
    Does anyone know of a recorder that could be set to automatically sound an alarm let's say 1/2 hour after recording a memo ( i.e. I could record a memo while driving and 1/2 hour later be reminded that it is there). I know you can manually set alarms, I am looking for an auto alarm...
    I have done this:

Keep an e-mail in your Treo that says :

"Hey Ding Ding....remember that vocie memo on ya Treo"

and forward it to yaself after recording
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtalliance

Thanks!
    side button on sound record works fine for me.
    mVoice is great! and even better, i've moved the entire app and related db's to my sd card to run from.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
    mVoice
  14. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    CallRec, simple unobtrusive program. I've got three things on my side button. 1 short press = keyshades, 2 short presses = CallRec activates, and 1 long hold equals TomTom. mVoice to me is just bloated.
    I'd like to be able to record a voicememo and shoot it to email all in one or two 'clicks' is that possible with these. I know mvoice mentions email but I'm not sure how cumbersome the process is. I'm mainly trying to do this while driving.

Any ideas or suggestions...
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    I'd like to be able to record a voicememo and shoot it to email all in one or two 'clicks' is that possible with these. I know mvoice mentions email but I'm not sure how cumbersome the process is. I'm mainly trying to do this while driving.

Any ideas or suggestions...
    If you've got Filez you can email voice memos made by CallRec (.wav).
    I don't have filez. I'm a pretty basic user. My buddy has a blackberry that allows him to literally press a button record, press to stop, select to email, press ok and it's done. i'm not into the blackberry...but I liked that feature.

What is the process like with the filez solution that you in mind?
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pizzarascal
    What is the process like with the filez solution that you in mind?
    You know if you really only want to record voice memos and not record calls, then I would say just go with the stock Voice Memo app. that is included with every other palm besides the Treo. This solution is easy in the fact that it is a standard palm app and therefore integrates quite nicely with versamail via the 'Send' function.

Then there is the the CallRec solution. We have already discussed what CallRec can do for you. So we will discuss how to send the file via Filez, it is free. You will install Filez to your 650. Then open Filez>navigate to your card>then to a folder called 'CallRec' via the explorer like interface>check mark the file>press menu button>select send>then choose method! That's it
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I gave CallRec a try but there were dropouts in everything I recorded. For example, if I recorded myself saying "1.. 2.. 3.. 4..", when I played it back, I'd just get "1.. 3.."

Same deal with recording phone calls. Chunks missing.

Not sure what I could have done wrong, but apparently it works for some of you, so any ideas?
  20. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenf
    I gave CallRec a try but there were dropouts in everything I recorded. For example, if I recorded myself saying "1.. 2.. 3.. 4..", when I played it back, I'd just get "1.. 3.."

Same deal with recording phone calls. Chunks missing.

Not sure what I could have done wrong, but apparently it works for some of you, so any ideas?
    Which version do you have? I expreinece none of these problems with version 1.2.1. Also one more thing you could do is go into preferences and set your sample rate to something that works.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast