Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1.    #1  
    I'm using a Sprint Treo 650 w/1.12 ROM update on a windows PC. I'm going to be switching to Mac. After I install the Mac version of Palm Desktop, can I simply hotsync my Treo (with the conduits set for "handheld overrides desktop" the first time I sync)? Is there anything inside the handheld that has been made windows-specific by virtue of having used it up to now on the PC (like on an iPod)? I presume the 1.12 update will remain in place in the handheld. What about programs like Volume Care, Docs to Go, Adobe Reader, and Zagat Guide, which were all installed via the PC? Hopefully, all will remain operative in the handheld, and I only have to install the new Desktop. (I will no longer be hotsyncing with the PC once I'm up on the Mac).
  2. #2  
    IMHO the Palm software just plainly sucks. Get Mark/Space Missing Sync and everything will just work (I guess you'll be using Tiger, right?).
    http://www.markspace.com/missingsync_palmos.php
  3. #3  
    Hi ElmTreo, I agree with BNOYHTUAWB's advice. As far as the apps installed on your Treo... .prc on windows = .prc on mac (you shouldn't have any problems there). However, some palm apps have windows desktop counterparts -- those .exe (desktop) files won't work on mac (although the Palm app will still work on your Treo).

    Strongly recommend you back up your treo on your windows machine before you do your initial sync on your mac. Everything should go well, but if not, you'll at least have a backup (that you can copy onto your mac and re-sync the Treo with).
  4. #4  
    I use the Palm Desktop software with Sprint treo 650 1.12 and have had no issues with syncing, etc. If you need something beyond plain syncing like integration with iPhotos, etc. and SD card access from your Mac, then MarkSpace is the better solution. i have an SD card reader and haven't found Markspace useful enough for me to continue to use it. I do not recommend iSync (Mac's built in syncing component for standard Mac organizers, calenders, etc.)...iSync is just plain awful.
  5. #5  
    Katway,

    What do you suggest for someone like me who uses iCal? Will this sync to treo 650 via the Palm Desktop?


    <----- new user
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Katway
    I use the Palm Desktop software with Sprint treo 650 1.12 and have had no issues with syncing, etc. If you need something beyond plain syncing like integration with iPhotos, etc. and SD card access from your Mac, then MarkSpace is the better solution. i have an SD card reader and haven't found Markspace useful enough for me to continue to use it. I do not recommend iSync (Mac's built in syncing component for standard Mac organizers, calenders, etc.)...iSync is just plain awful.
    Katway -- Just for clarification, when you say you use Palm Desktop and have no syncing issues, are you using Palm's Hotsync? I plan to use Palm's Desktop for all my addresses, calendar, memos, etc, as I do now on my PC. So I presume I can use Hotsync manager, and won't need iSync or Missing Sync.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmTreo
    Katway -- Just for clarification, when you say you use Palm Desktop and have no syncing issues, are you using Palm's Hotsync? I plan to use Palm's Desktop for all my addresses, calendar, memos, etc, as I do now on my PC. So I presume I can use Hotsync manager, and won't need iSync or Missing Sync.
    You won't need iSync or Missing Sync. Palm's Hotsync will suffice (works fine for me - I use Palm Desktop for everything as you do...)
    Treo 270>600>650>samsung i780>pre
  8. #8  
    Remember though that the beauty of Mac is that most things are plug and play. I would think about getting Missing Sync. That is all you will need. Don't even bother with the Palm software. You won't need it. Missing Sync has great conduits..
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MTDude
    Katway,

    What do you suggest for someone like me who uses iCal? Will this sync to treo 650 via the Palm Desktop?


    <----- new user
    I recommend MarkSpace's Missing Sync for iCal syncing since iSync doesn't always port the information correctly based on my last experience with iSync.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by ElmTreo
    Katway -- Just for clarification, when you say you use Palm Desktop and have no syncing issues, are you using Palm's Hotsync? I plan to use Palm's Desktop for all my addresses, calendar, memos, etc, as I do now on my PC. So I presume I can use Hotsync manager, and won't need iSync or Missing Sync.
    Yes. I mean Palm Desktop and Palm hotsync conduit. I generally sync via bluetooth with no issues.

Posting Permissions